Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babalulu Tuesday - No Cover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mokora

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Babalulu Tuesday - No Cover Reply with quote

Can't beet the "no cover" charge on Tuesdays. Although I won't knock the live band element of six-degrees and the general environment. I think Babalulu's have more people who can dance very well and a better lesson (which I think is important).

If your into the live band thing, Lula Lounge is also a great place to be on Fridays.

Does Acrobat still offer Salsa?
KT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Tuesdays are instructors' night. I've been to Babaluu on Tuesdays, and the dancers are very advanced. Some people like it, some people don't. From experience, some beginners may find it too intimidating. I personally enjoy watching advanced dancers dance because you can learn so much, and dancing with one is quite exciting!

In regards to "better lessons", I won't go there 'expecting' crazy turn patterns, because I think the lessons vary night to night (probably depending on the crowd). I've been to Babaluu a few times just near the end of their lessons and they taught the basic steps and the right turn, nothing more than your first salsa class in level 1. But like I said, it varies.

Also, Wednesday is a good night @ Babaluu too. There is no cover charge for Wednesdays either!

Happy Dancing! Very Happy
kerem

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: tuesday nights in babalu Reply with quote

I do not think that we can say tuesday nights are instructors nights in Babalu.Because realy few of them instructors.I agree with you most of the dancers are in advance level;but this does not mean there is no other level in the clup.I believe best things about tuesday nights in babalu is the music.Juilio Cesar has best music in toronto.
About instruction:Giovanni and Jeniffer teach on tuesdays.Both of them are realy good dancer and instructor,i had chance to take their clup lessons.Jen is the organizer of toronto salsa congress,Gio is a lot of torontonian instructors instructor.They teach cool and funky turn patterns.Class is not just for beginners first class 7-8 this is for beginners and 8-9for intermediate and advandce.

Kerem
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Where do you dance Reply with quote

Hello Kerem,

Where do you enjoy dancing salsa - do you have any suggestions for clubs?
kerem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: salsa clups Reply with quote

Hi Salsaman!

My favorite salsa clup is Babalu on the week days.Weekends are too busy to dance ! I believe babalu has nice dance floor,little bite small but relax...There are a lot of good dancers,not just dance at the same time it is great pleasure to watch them.Tuesdays and the wednesdays are more popular than the other days,my personal preferance is tuesdays,mainly because of the better music.
For the weekend: i use to go acrobat on fridays:but not anymore,somehow they just ruin the place and one by one they lost all the costumers,but great place for salsa dancing as emmet and i say you gotta be idiot to ruin the acrobat but unfortunetly they did it.There are some other salsa activities on friydays but i am lately busy with other practices and plans,i realy did not have time and check those place ;but i heard some of them pretty good.However most of them soscial dance things which means places are not clups ,and do not have clup feeling,i personaly prefer to dance in clup atmosphere.
If you want to get some ideas about other salsa clups ,check out alfred and nina's colums ,you can find more details about different salsa clups.

Kerem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: