Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bermuda August Mambo Nights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WF

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Bermuda August Mambo Nights Reply with quote

Hey guys! I had the opportunity to attend the Bermuda August Mambo Nights which took place this past weekend, and it was absolutely amazing!! For those of you who have never been to the event (or Bermuda for that matter), you must go! I highly recommend it!

What's better than salsa dancing on a beautiful island is salsa dancing with some of the best dancers in the salsa/latin dancing scene. In attendance were dancers from Dance New York, Boston's Masacote, New Jersey's Cultural Explosion, Montreal's Saltimambo, Toronto's own City Dance Corp., Latin Energy Kids, local dancers from Bermuda and many more. There was a great sense of family throughout the event as you see the same faces every day in performance or on the dance floor. It was intimidating at first social dancing or mingling with top notch dancers, but they are all very encouraging and very nice people.

This is definitely one of those events that just invigorates you with excitement that comes with salsa dancing. If you are shy on the dance floor, go to this event, and trust me, you will want to dance day and night afterwards! Smile
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of general atmosphere, how was it different from Canada Salsa Congress?
Anything else, that you would like to note, that makes it a better experience? (Except the weather, obviously Smile)
WF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delayed reply! I couldn't really compare the Bermuda congress with the Canadian one until after I attended the 2009 Canada Salsa Congress, which was my first time! Smile

The CSC is definitely MUCH bigger than the Bermuda Salsa Night. The up side is that it feels more grand and exciting. But then the sense of family which is prominent in the Bermuda event is simply not found at the CSC. There were also less opportunities to dance with the performers at the CSC, simply because there were so many people and it was hard to track down the performers. In Bermuda, you can dance the whole night away with a different performer for every dance. I also feel that in general, there was a greater disparity between performers and non-performing dancers at the CSC. A lot of the experienced dancers/performers stuck to their own groups. Whereas in Bermuda, everybody wanted to dance with everybody else regardless of the level of dancing. So it felt more friendly.

I think in general, to get the most out of any congress experience is to force yourself to dance with strangers! I didn't do that as much at the CSC than I did at Bermuda. But when I did have 1 or 2 unexpected great salsa dance at the CSC, it felt great. Smile

Winnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: