Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new Salsa Thursdays up North

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: new Salsa Thursdays up North Reply with quote

Apparently, 905 Salsa community was not impressed by Zio's cement flooring, or / and the restaurant / supper club continues struggling, so Salsa Thursdays in Richmond Hill migrated across the plaza to Marlowe's (in addition to Wednesdays with a live band).
Well, the place is small, but at least the hardwood floor got cleaned (or sanded) and is not sticky (for now, that is - I would ban anyone on the dance floor with a drink in hand)

This is what you would read on a flyer stuck to a windshield:
ADDICTION THURSDAYS - where you get your fix!
The Marlowe (East Beaver Creek & Hwy 7)
Beginner/Intermediate Salsa Lesson - 9PM
Bi-weekly special guest performances
Salsa, Mix Latin Rhythms and house.Music by DJ Gio and special guest DJs
Drink Specials - $4 Mojitos, $5 Bud Light Lime, $5.87 Martinis

The performance two weeks ago was the United Salseros' Jessy, Kevin and Pavlo (if I am not mistaken) doing their showy shines piece. Something different should be expected this coming Thursday, then.

Did not see the lesson (the flyer promises a free one, by Sole2Soul) and @ 10:15 p.m. the cover was $6 - which entitles a patron to a free drink (cocktail or beer). The floor was already packed solid. Looks like a lot of TDS-ers came to check out the place:)

Whatever cover policy would be implemented later on, for now, if one shows up before 10 p.m. (or, as the bouncer told, 9:30 p.m. to be safe) there is no cover. As always, dancing is free for dinner guests, and 'Lobsterfest' is currently on (check www.themarlowe.ca)

DJ Gio plays until just after 1 a.m. - with some club beats, it's still mostly Latin, and there is more enthusiasm in the air than it used to be in Zio's (or at least if feels like that).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: