Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Warmer Weather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark C.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Warmer Weather Reply with quote

Hey Gang..

With this warmer, more humid weather now...we must be more prepared to enjoy our dancing outings. Wear lighter tops and comfortable bottoms. You will not get away from heating up and sweating but with the lighter clothes, you will dry off sooner and be able to last longer.

Mark
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, as right as you are, Mark, it would also be much more efficient to persuade the owners of a venue to hike up air conditioning to the max even before the crowd starts gathering and make sure the doors/windows stay closed to prevent outside humidity from getting in. One needs to be a salsa addict indeed to voluntarily submit oneself to such a torture Smile - and it may be a turnoff to newer students, especially at outings.
eltigre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but was wondering about what's acceptable for Men's attire at the outings? I guess I mean can we get away with wearing a nice pair of shorts?

Also I've noticed that Acrobat is far nicer with the big doors open, maybe we can convince them to do this at our outings?
SHC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen men dancing in a pair of nice carpi shorts ... definitely go for it Smile

As for Acrobat, they usually have those big garage type doors open in warmer weather, I believe bylaw they have to close it at 11pm .... not sure how much convincing we could do to make them open those doors pass 11pm.

Stella
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: