Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you want to know the name of a song?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miroslav

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Do you want to know the name of a song? Reply with quote

Have you ever been in a situation hearing some song and desperately want to know the name of it?

Well, I have been many times. So I was very pleased when I found a little application for my iPhone which solves my problem. And since this application is free I hope it's OK to post about it.

Its name is Shazam and you can find it in iTunes here:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284993459&mt=8

Although I am using Shazam already several months it always amazes me how fast and accurate the application can recognize the song what I am just listening to. It needs to listen only 10 seconds of the song and there is like 90% chance that it will find the answer. Of course not 100% since the song has to be in the database of Shazam, but they claim more than 6 millions tracks in it.

So far I had very good experience with it. I am able to extract the name and artist of the songs from YouTube mixes, night clubs, restaurants, radio stations etc.

If happens that you have iPhone maybe you can try it and share your experiences...
hunt01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Do you want to know the name of a song? Reply with quote

Miroslav wrote:
Have you ever been in a situation hearing some song and desperately want to know the name of it?

Well, I have been many times. So I was very pleased when I found a little application for my iPhone which solves my problem. And since this application is free I hope it's OK to post about it.

Its name is Shazam and you can find it in iTunes here:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284993459&mt=8

Although I am using Shazam already several months it always amazes me how fast and accurate the application can recognize the song what I am just listening to. It needs to listen only 10 seconds of the song and there is like 90% chance that it will find the answer. Of course not 100% since the song has to be in the database of Shazam, but they claim more than 6 millions tracks in it.

So far I had very good experience with it. I am able to extract the name and artist of the songs from YouTube mixes, night clubs, restaurants, radio stations etc.

If happens that you have iPhone maybe you can try it and share your experiences...

Hi, i īm found only two shazam, first from bestie boys and second some tuc tuc dancing,
and are you from czech ? because you have typical czech name Smile I īm Martin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: