Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New: Bachata Workshop!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: New: Bachata Workshop! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

We have just posted an exciting 2 hour intensive Bachata Workshop with Alicia and Jesse from United Salseros on Saturday January 24th from 1-3pm at Empress Walk. The workshop will cover both body movement and advanced patterns.

Cost for the workshop is $35 per student and $30 per helper. You can register online at: http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/salsa-classes.php

There are only a few spots left so register soon to avoid wait lists!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Miroslav

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, was it just post Today and there is no available spot for men?

I am confused... Sad
Sharon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Miroslav!

It was posted two days ago and in two days it filled for men. However put yourself on the wait list as something usually becomes available (not everyone pays on time so sometimes a spot becomes available and we can notify you).

Also if you know a female who is interested in attending you can sign up together as there are still a couple of partner spots available.

Hope that helps!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Ready for the next level of Bachata! Reply with quote

Thanks, Sharon, for the workshop!

I was expecting kind of more in terms of combinations and some fancy stuff, but it was actually very useful to learn the very basics - the dynamics of the proper movement, which I find quite a challenge to execute properly, so it looks more like ondulating than jumping from side to side Laughing

I am looking forward to a follow-up, and I am sure a lot of my fellow students who attended the workshop are anxious to continue as well. Nudge-nudge / wink-wink / hint-hint Smile
Miroslav

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the follow-up. Now it was exactly what I was hoping for. Very Happy

It would be awesome if we can continue with this more advance Bachata workshop classes...

I noticed that some of us video-recorded the whole combination on the end. By any chance could you share it with us somehow, please?

Do you know the name of the last (very slow) bachata song what we were practicing on, please?

Thanks again for the perfect workshop.

Miroslav
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: