Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Halloween costume ideas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
velina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Halloween costume ideas Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you have any ideas for fun Halloween costumes that are also appropriate for salsa dancing? I am really finding it difficult to decide what to wear on Saturday at Peridot...I think I will end up dressing up as a salsa dancer:-)
David Nock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Ideas ... Reply with quote

Ideas ... I have a head-full.

Rather than a 'costume', just go for a mask of some sort ... call me lazy, but that's my method. In fact, make it yourself (the best way). Or use some face paint (I might) ... and paint up other exposed skin. Though, I wonder about the sweat situation - does the paint drip?.

Play up your 'regular' clothes in some unusual way. You don't have to dress up as 'someone', just you in a different 'form'. Think of the roots of the Hallowed evening, to ward off the evil spirits. A druid ... nope, they were all men (?). Make a short hooded wrap/cloak with a mask ... a tribal chieftess.

How about combining a salsa 'look' with a carib/Haitian voodoo style. Do your hair crazy. And just a simple mask ... you can remove it easily anytime.

I've got several mask 'blanks' prepared/painted, but I haven't designed anything yet. Maybe I'll bring the extras ...

Or, how 'bout 'The Ghost of _____' (pick someone). This was my favoured choice, but I can't do it this year.

Or, go as Mary Murphy (that is her name? on SYTYCD), with her banshee screech! Actually, now that I think about it, for the sake of our collective sanity, please don't.

Perhaps a broke stock broker ... y'know, with a 'scream' mask.

Need more ideas? Define some parameters.

D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: