Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My favourite dance shoe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: My favourite dance shoe Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

Many of you ask me what kind of shoes I prefer to dance with and my reply is usually the same. For classes, practice time, rehearsals and even social dancing my favourite shoe is the Bloch Speed Factor. It is a unisex dance sneaker and you can spend hours in it without feeling sore feet. I hear the model has been discontinued though so if you are interested in ordering you should do so soon. Check out the info on dance shoes under our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for distributor/store information at http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/Toronto-Dance-Salsa-FAQ.php#shoetypes

Hope this helps!

Sharon
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered the Bloch Speed Factor dance sneakers in pink from http://www.discountdance.com so it must be back in stock. I think my order should arrive tomorrow. They cost $32.75 USD plus about $38 USD in shipping. I went to a dance supply store on Queen St. and McCaul, and dance sneakers started at over $100, and they were nowhere near as nice....so I found the shipping worth the value. This is what my new dance shoes looks like:

Remember to order a 1/2 size larger than what you normally wear.
pegajena

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the sole of this "Bloch®'s "Speed Factor" shoe is slippery enough for easy turns?
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is very slippery for multiple turns. Not as good as suede but close!
snowhite22

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: my new shoes Reply with quote

Nice forum! Very Happy

I got these shoes a few days ago, what do you think? good for dancing Question

If it is I'll be happy to tell you where I got them from Smile
pegajena

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question. Is it true that guys have to get the dancing shoes 1.5 - 2 size bigger than their normal size? I know that girls should get 1/2 size bigger but what about guys?
Sharon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that can be true that men have to order 1.5 to 2 sizes beginner because it is a unisex shoes and they build it on women's sizes. The best thing to do if you are ordering online is to go into a dance shoe store and try a dance shoe from the same maker, even if it is not the same model. That way you know the size with that maker e.g. bloch, capezio, etc.
KT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my jazz slippers and 2" latin shoes with the suede bottoms from Toronto Dance Wear located @ Wilson and Bathurst? Dufferin? (2 min walk from Wilson subway station). They don't have the biggest selection, but the basic dance necessities are there. The prices are fairly reasonable. The staff there are very patient, friendly and knowledgable. Hint: you get 10% off your purchase if you say you're from Toronto Dance. BUT, they offer better discounts on multiple shoe purchases (more than 10%).

I recently found some causal dress shoes from Shoe Buster (inside the Yonge and Eglinton mall) that has smooth plastic / leather bottoms, no grip, very slippery. Most of them were flats, but I got a pair with a 1.5" heel. Will try dancing in them and get back to y'all!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Dance Shoes at H&M Reply with quote

I was at H&M in the eaton center today during my lunch break and I saw some dance shoes there! There are pearly tan colored ones and i think black, and they have suede bottoms and fold up to fit into a little matching bag. They cost $29. If anyone is interested they can go check it out.
Evan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Shoes Reply with quote

I've tried a number of different types of shoes and after 3 hours of classes my feet are usually killing. I need to pick up a pair of the Blochs - it's great to also not have to change shoes everytime you go dancing because you can wear them on the street without damaging them and you don't have to brush!

Evan.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i was wearing my Bloch dance shoes last night for 3 hours of classes and then out to El Rancho for another hour and a half, but my feet were still hurting. Unfortunately, no matter how good and comfy your shoes are, feet still get tired. Sad
pegajena

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Dance Shoes at H&M Reply with quote

Kimberlita wrote:
I was at H&M in the eaton center today during my lunch break and I saw some dance shoes there! There are pearly tan colored ones and i think black, and they have suede bottoms and fold up to fit into a little matching bag. They cost $29. If anyone is interested they can go check it out.

I bought the H&M pearly tan dance shoes and tried them last night. They were very comfy for dancing in the class. I love the matching bag. I tied it to my purse and it looked really cute. Smile
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you liked them Peg.... I saw you wearing them to class on Friday and they were super cute! I might just get a pair myself!
Sharon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These sound awesome! Do you have a photo or an item number? I know H&M is crazy sometimes and not every store has the same thing. Do they actually call them dance shoes? This is quite surprising and a great idea! I would love to see them!
lindiloo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you only find those shoes at H&M in the Eaton Centre location? The one in Markville Mall sucks - I didn't see it there. Has anyone seen them at yorkdale?

Any pics of them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: