Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dance Shows
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Dance Shows Reply with quote

For those interested, So You Think You Can Dance Canada premieres this Thursday Sept. 11 at 8pm on CTV with the Toronto auditions. Dancing with the Stars premieres Monday Sept. 22 at 8pm also on CTV.

Rose
velina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow, I cannot believe I missed it. I need to get this in my calendar.
Valentin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: next SYTYCD-Ca Reply with quote

yep! Thanks Rose for the post here - without it I would've missed the episode yesterday for sure. It was interesting - a lot of dancers in TO, eh? Smile

Velina, see the next episode of SYTYCD-Ca is on Sunday Sept. 14, 8:00 PM.
Cheers!
velina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any comments on the first show? How are the judges? Any contestant stand out in the crowd?
Sara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: SYTUCD CANADA Reply with quote

IT WAS FANTASTIC!
I watched the whole thing. There were a couple of familiar salsa dancers from the regular Babalu's Wednesday crowd as well as many phenomenol free-style/ jazz / ballet dancers...

It was so impressive that even one of the judges, Mary Murphy, was just constantly saying..."are we in Canada or is this a different planet. They have the best dancers hidden in this country!".

It was truly fantastic and the class and level of dance was far better than what I expected. Truthfully, after seeing things like Canadian Idol and how "uncool" it can be, I thought to myself, this show will be another lame one...
TURNS OUT IT IS AMAZING!!!

I STRONGLY RECCOMMEND YOU ALL GET HOOKED ON IT!!! I would like to keep this discussion going...

Starting next week, we should decide who is our favourite dancer for each city!

Keep on dancing!!!

Sara
Valentin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, Mary "the Queen of Scream" was very impressed by many dancers in TO, so she screamed a lot Laughing Luckily (for us and for her voice) she'll be only a guest judge in this show Smile
The judges seemed OK overall but sometimes too easily impressed by aspect, favoring or disfavoring based more on the looks than on the skills. For example see that incident with the guy with "trance" eyes (Osvaldo) and the intervention of Blake (the choreographer) for him - quite a funny moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZJ4m55UFWg
The point is, they should've told Osvaldo what was wrong with his dance, not that they didn't like his eyes. Come on, that's unprofessional. Too bad we didn't see the choreography performances...

Well I guess that was all of the auditions in Toronto, but I don't know who would be my TO favorites now, maybe the guy who slashed his chin Smile , or Natalli Embarassed ?
velina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentin,
I agree a 100%. The feedback was not referring to the dancing but to his eyes. I think that they should have provided constructive feedback on the dancing and definitely given him a chance at the choreography. I am curious how he did there.
On a separate note, Blake is just as gutsy as he was on the first SYTCD show. I can't wait to see him on the panel. There will be drama:-)
velina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: SYTYCDC Update Reply with quote

OK, What is wrong with me? I don't even know when the show is on? Did we hit Toronto week? Do we know who the finalists are? Anyone, please update me...I feel so out of the loop on this... Crying or Very sad
kdimonte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: SYTYCD Update Reply with quote

Velina,

I think the new episode (top 20) is on Wed October 1st.
velina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I am going to tape it.
Sara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Oct 1, SYTUCDC show Reply with quote

Hello guys!
Did everyone watch the final rounds for picking the top 20...That Issac guy is a trouble maker and it shows...ahh....the young ones!!! Smile
I am still not 100% who my favourite is...I'll now after the first set of performances as couples!
What did you guys think?
By the way, Velina, There WAS lots of DRAMA with Blake! Smile
Meet you back here next week!
Sara
velina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always drama with Blake, otherwise it would be too boring.
I also have not decided on favorites yet. I am going to wait for the first show to see who stands out.
Sara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: SYTUCDC-Oct7th Reply with quote

Hello Y'all!
Well, I just watched the first top 20 show for So you think you can dance Canada and it was amazing.
After seeing all the routines, I have to give a heads up to Lisa and Vincent for a phenomenal contemporary routine, though it was their niche. My favourite dancer, though, is probably Danny the ballroom master and my favourite routine of the night has gotta be the first salsa routine by Nico and Arrasay. I thought to give a shout out to Nico for his keeping up with the salsa craziness and for someone who has never done salsa, he was amazingly into it. As Jean-Marc clearly stated, he made Nico into Rico from Puerto Rico!

Who were your favourites gang? Keep em comin!
Sara
velina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt Arrasay has some sexy moves. I really enjoyed that performance.
Overall, I am still not decided who my favorites are though...I will wait till next week.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Arrasay, I think she has a lot of soul when she dances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: