Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My favourite dance shoe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pegajena

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if other H&M has it but the quantity in the Eaton Centre was limited and you should check it out if you are interested. I will try to take a picture of it and put it here. It took me 40 minutes to locate them in the H&M at Eaton Centre and none of the people working there knew that they have dance shoes and they kept on directing me to the ballet shoes for children. I insisted, since having it read here, I was sure that they exist!!! So if you want to check the other stores, you should be persistent too. Keep on asking them if they have ballet shoes that come with the matching bag! Good luck! Smile
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Eaton Center, they were in some sort of bin on the 3rd floor near the Dundas street entrance. I found them by chance, and I'm not sure if other H&Ms have them.
Sharon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them - they seem very comfortable and cute. Katie also found a kid's pair of dance shoe slippers for $7 at H&M. They aren't as cute but if you have small feet they will feet and $7 is a very small price to pay for practice slippers. I tried on the 9-10in kids and I fit into them and I am a size 7 to 7.5.

Hope that helps!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
KT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the $29 dance slippers from H&M! I asked the sales person, and she said those slippers can be found in the "Trends" section. They're located near the Dundas entrance, like Kimberly said. They were on a small counter near the door, inside a little pouch. There aren't alot of sizes left (mostly 7s and 8s), and they also come in gold. I would get a pair that is 1 size smaller, I was told they will stretch, and it's no fun to dance with your shoes falling off!
KT

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the $7 Kids dance slippers, also found at H&M. The ones I bought are for kids 9-10 yrs old, equivalent to adult sizes 3-4. Like Sharon said, the slippers are fairly stretchy. She wears 7-7.5 and she fit!!! The slippers are located @ the kids section of H&M, inside a bin near the cash registers. They also come in white and purple.

Oh yeah, and both pairs of shoes are from the Eaton Center H&M.

Happy dancing! Very Happy
KT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanna give y'all an update on the H&M dance shoes. It's been roughly a month since I bought those shoes and I've used them a few times, mostly when practicing in class. They are more dance-able than regular street shoes because they have suede soles, however, I find that it doesn't hold my feet properly, and it doesn't give me the proper support that I need. At one point, the bottom of the slipper was at the side of my feet, which can easily cause injuries. It was bearable dancing in those shoes in my Level 1 classes, but it was more difficult in Level 2 and up classes when I had to do 1.5 and double spins.

So this is my conclusion, the H&M dance shoes are a nice alternative to dancing in street shoes. I would recommend those shoes to Level 1 students, just because it's easier to dance in than street shoes, and it's a small $$$ investment should they decide that Salsa is not their cup of tea after level 1. However, for students who do plan on taking classes in the upper levels, I would recommend proper dance shoes. After all, you should be nicer to your feet... your feet and your shoes have to "support" you on the dance floor Very Happy
Shines

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you really wear the Bloch Speed Factors outside without damaging them?
Sharon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Blochs Reply with quote

Oh yes. They have plastic bottoms so they are just like running shoes. I took them to Europe this summer and my other shoes were so uncomfortable I actually ended up wearing my blochs for a month trekking through Europe. You won't believe what kind of soil these shoes have touched (ruins of Olympia, etc)

Definitely a good buy. I just bought 2 more pairs!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Bloch Speedfactors Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info! I think I'll get a pair of Bloch Speedfactors for next semester! Definitely looks like a good investment!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: