Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have any suggestions for a NEW YORK salsa venue?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4feet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Anyone have any suggestions for a NEW YORK salsa venue?! Reply with quote

I will be in New York and 'am looking for a diversion of the Salsa kind. Anybody have a suggestion/recommendation about a salsa club that I can go to.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to find something on the Internet. I know there's definitely socials there and a few good clubs too. You really have to look before you go though because when I was in Manhattan I discovered that there isn't really a club district there, everything is pretty spread out. Where are you going to specifically?
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Anton Social Reply with quote

Hey 4feet!

I actually recommend socials. They are way better then salsa clubs in New York. The Jimmy Anton Sunday Socials are huge, cheap and you'll see the best dancers there. Otherwise if you really want a club you may want to pay the $20 cover and go to Copa Cabana for an experience - I hear it is fun but don't expect amazing dancers.

Have a blast!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: