Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

saturday nights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: saturday nights Reply with quote

where is the best place to go & find "toronto dance salsa" school students on friday & saturday nights that are not official school outings?
MissChievous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday it is Acrobat for sure, maybe El Rancho; on Saturday--there are a few places, try Plaza Flamingo... I know lots of people from our school go to Church.
michel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks miss. very helpful as always.
b.t.w. watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0GrldtuNE
KT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Friday night helpers and students will usually go to El Rancho after class. Ladies pay $1 before 10:30. There are also a good number of TDS students at the Trinity Church Salsa Practice all day Saturday.

There are many ways to get together with fellow TDS students, for example, exchanging phone numbers and emails with fellow students, or post messages on the "Salsa Get-Together" forum.

Although, in my opinion, it is more fun and challenging to dance with someone who is not a TDS student. When you dance with someone who is not from class, it forces guys to be better leaders and girls to be better followers. Because we cannot anticipate the moves, we will rely on guys' leading skills to lead us into a move properly. Dancing with someone who have not taken the same classes can be a great indicator to see if a guy is leading a move correctly. If a move is led correctly, most girls should be able to follow it, whether you have taken classes from TDS or not Very Happy
michel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks KT.
do you have the address of the trinity church & the times when they have practice ?
also, i am a level 1 student so i am a bit (to say the least) intinidated to ask someone to dance when my moves at this point are so limited. that's why i asked about the school's student , because there we are all learners at various levels.
re: exchanging phone numbers. there was a rather big discussion on this forum and i was for doing a "contact" board but i believe i was outvoted.
KT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the website for the Toronto Salsa Practice @ Trinity Church. All the details you will need is there.

http://www.torontosalsapractice.com/index.html

In response to your concern of being a beginner with limited moves, well, the only way to get better is to practice, practice and practice. And the way to learn more moves, is by attending more classes, as well as watching and dancing with dancers of different levels and dance background. Alot of my moves were learned solely from watching people do it on the dance floor. Many times I have asked guys to teach me a move, and vice versa, and I have not yet had a bad experience in doing so. We are all learners, regardless of how advanced you are, and there is always something new to learn for both the person teaching you a new move, and for you learning it.

In regards to exchanging contacts, there is a difference between asking someone from class, in person for their phone number or emails, than asking them to post it online for everyone to see. I personally, would have no problem giving out my number to someone who I've met in class, and have a level of trust in them because I've known them for a good few weeks now. But, I would not likely post my number online for everyone to see. The idea of asking people for their numbers may be very intimidating, but you may be surprised to find how many people were thinking of doing the same thing but never had the courage to do ask. Very Happy
michel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i'll try & go for everything you said.
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Finding clubs and practice sessions in Toronto Reply with quote

Just for everyone's info, I have posted all the most popular clubs and practice sessions in Toronto under the "Dance Info" section of the website...here is the link. It has phone numbers, addresses, class info, etc for all the major venues. Have fun!

http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/articles/Toronto-Salsa-Clubs-Toronto-Salsa-Practices.php
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
salsabor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Hardcore salsa on Saturdays check DJ Geronimo's Ricanstruction .

More info www.salsaweb.ca
AnthonyF

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michel wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv0GrldtuNE

........ Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: