Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesdays at Babaluu
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Wednesdays at Babaluu Reply with quote

Just wanted to share with you guys how awesome Wednesdays at Babaluu's are. There are so many great dancers who come out but at the same time it's not an intimidating atmosphere for beginners. Everyone is just there to have fun no matter who they're dancing with!

Regardless of what level you are at, I highly recommend that you come out on this night. You'll see some great dancing and learn a lot.

See you there!
4feet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then.... I'm sold. I am thinking of coming out tonight but am wondering about the dress code; can I get away with jeans and t-shirt? As well, what is the best time to show up as to avoid lineups; if there are any.

Has anybody been there on Thurs.? What is it like then?
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless there is a special event going on it is not so busy that there is a line-up, however, it can get very crowded. If you show up at 10 o'clock it will already be pretty busy, but this is when the dancing usually starts. At this hour the club is still used as a restaurant so there are a few tables on the dance floor - they get cleared up at about 11 o'clock. I would say the busiest time is from 10-12, and after that there is much more room to dance.

Thursdays are even busier than Wednesdays. If you are looking to just have fun and listen to more Reggaeton and merengue than salsa, I would say go for it. But if you are looking to become a better dancer Wednesdays are a better time to practise. From what I recall there is no formal dress code, jeans and a T-shirt should be okay.
velina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have wanted to go to Babaluu's on a Wednesday night for so long but it is really difficult to get motivated when I know that I have to get up early the next morning.
I am sold though.

See ya there.
velina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I am really planning on going to Babaluu's next Wednesday. Anyone else going?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes it does take that extra discipline to get motivated to go out on a Wednesday night. But it's true. Once you do it and you're AT Babaluu's, it's always a really good time.
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. I won't be able to make it to the lesson, though...
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, I'm going by the way! (it's Sonya Velina, in case you didn't know Razz)

See you guys there Smile
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too...I'm going to come out this Wednesday too. Sonya, I'll see you there!
velina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally suck. I can't get myself to go out now. I hope you had fun. I will try to go with you once SYTYCD is over.
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from PR ... didn't know you guys were planning on going to Babs ... I would have join you ... oh well ... perhaps next week.

S
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Accident on the dance floor. Reply with quote

Babaluu's was really fun last night. I'm glad I dragged myself out! It was super crowded though...so crowded in fact, that I got taken out. LITERALLY. In the middle of my CBL with a double turn, someone else must have been doing some kind of leg sweep or LARGE back step because she wiped my legs out from under me and I fell FLAT on my butt. There was nothing I could have done to prepare myself. LUCKILY, my partner was holding on tight and he managed to brace my fall a bit and helped me up and I was able to continue dancing. I couldn't even recover gracefully like it was just some kind of drop action shine.
Oh well...it happens.
Anyone else have an embarassing accident on the dance floor? I know we brought up this topic a while ago, but there MUST some new stories to share.
velina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Accidents on the dance floor happen (Unfortuntatelly) Reply with quote

Wow. What a good dance story. I am glad you can talk about it so soon Laughing I don't think I would have recovered gracefully from something like this EVER Laughing I am glad your partner was there for you.

I had a near fall incident once, which just turned into a very uncomfortable situation for both my partner and I. I actually slipped (I wish I could blame someone else for this but it was me) and as I was sliding down I grabbed onto my partner's belt...He managed to get me up, but when I looked at him after the dance he looked as if he had been to war..his shirt untucked, belt pulled, pants hanging...The funny thing is he did invite me to dance next time I saw him.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to worry Kim, you fall and then you get back up again Smile. I've been tripped the same way too...and the funny part is that it's so crowded you can't even blame it on anyone. Don't you just wish you could say "HEY! You tripped me..." lol
SHC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a "fall" story to share ... I still don't know exactly what happen, I remembered it was during a coca cola, I somehow managed to trip myself, felt over to my partner, who thought I thought it was a dip and trying to catch me, but we both lost our footing and felt right to the ground. We just sat on the floor, look at each other, scratch our head, have a good laugh, got up and continued to dance. It was no doubt embarrassing!!!

S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: