Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerem and Emely's Latin Rhythms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shelly7237

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Kerem and Emely's Latin Rhythms Reply with quote

Hi,
The monthly top 10 favourite latin songs is a geat way for us to get introduced to many new songs...
I was wondering if there is a way to provide a link so that we can listen to them from the same site. Or if there could be references about how we can get our hands on these top 10 songs Smile

Thanks.

Shabnam
Evan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Song Links Reply with quote

Hi Shabnam,

Great idea on the links to the songs! We were looking into it but couldn't find a good site that had clips of salsa songs (like Amazon.com does for many CDs). If you have any suggestions, let us know!
lindiloo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Finding songs Reply with quote

Yes, it would be great to have a sound clip or link to the Top 10 songs, but until then, a
suggestion:

If you have an ipod, check out iTunes. Some of the songs/artists that are on Kerem and Emely's list would likely be found there. I know that I've downloaded a great salsa playlist from iTunes (ok ok, i'm kind of biased when it comes to the whole ipod thing...yes, yes, i'm addicted to itunes) but in any case, you can increase you knowledge of salsa music by listening to sound clips...you know, get a little taste of what's out there.

Hope it helps! Very Happy
Evan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: iTunes Reply with quote

Hi lindiloo - thanks for the post - is it possible to link to individual songs from the webpage? We'd love to be able to include highlights of the songs!

Evan.
MissChievous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I am working on putting the samples of those songs on my website. It will be available, hopefully sometimes this weekend or early next week. Will let you know when its ready.

MC
MissChievous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here is goes:

I have placed the samples of Top 10 picks on my website. The audio clips are about 1.5-2 minutes long, just so you can put the names of the songs to the sounds. I am sure most of you have heard those songs many times, just did not know the names.

check this out:
http://www.freewebs.com/misschievous/Torontodancesalsapick.htm
lindiloo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Evan -
I haven't tested it out to extensively, but it is possible to link a webpage to the itunes music store to listen to a clip. If you go the itunes music store and find a song, you just right click on the song and it will provide an option to copy the URL that you can paste on the webpage. I'm assuming it'll be just your standard type of hyperlink. I also found this link to the iTunes Link Maker:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/itmsLinkMaker

I know that not everyone has an ipod, but I think that anyone can gain access to the itunes music store page without cost and listen to the clips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: