Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peridot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salsasian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Peridot Reply with quote

For those who did not make it out to Peridot on Sunday, it was fantastic! The venue is really great. There was far more space than I had imagined with two floors and three distinct areas to dance. The floors were perfect hardwood, and ventilation was ample. Paired with DJ Duck's consistently danceable tunes and the Toronto Dance Salsa crowd and that party was jumping! Can't wait for the next outing at this venue. Thanks again Sharon!

Dance like no one's watching.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the amount of space, the slippery floors and the ventilation as well! Peridot is an awesome new venue.
datts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Peridot Reply with quote

I like this venue. Quite spacious. The music is not too loud, making it easy to conversations. I like the lighting too - steady & dim. A lot of good seating areas to watch when you are not dancing. A very social environment.
djduck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: DJ Duck's New Salsa Mixtape available for listening only Reply with quote

Hi salsaleros and salsaleras....I've just posted my quarterly salsa mix available on DJ Duck's top 10 Caliente Salsa Hits thanks to Sharon and Evan for setting this one up. Something new and something fresh. This is just a sample and for your listening pleasure only. So if you want to hear more, you'll just have to ask DJ Duck! =) Check it out and enjoy!!! Very Happy

Rob aka DJ Duck
Producer/Audio Engineer/DJ
DJ Duck Productions
Email: dacpano@hotmail.com
nina bambina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Peridot Reply with quote

Great venue Sharon! Peridot is trendy, up-scale, and has water for cheap Smile It was a packed house last outing! Looking forward to the next one!
velina

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very excited about our next outing in Peridot...lI ove the venue and the location. Plus, this time we will have a bachata lesson which is such a treat...Thanks Sharon. I am looking forward to it!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it. Who's teaching the bachata lessons?
velina

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Bachata lesson at Peridot Reply with quote

Sharon and Evan. It will be hot, hot, HOT Laughing
SHC

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Velina ... you are absolutely right ... the bachata lesson that Sharon and Evan taught us last year at plaza flamingo (with the appearance of Alex Bello) was over the top sexy & hot ... I am sure they will beat that this year Very Happy

Stella
Salsasian

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Hot bachata Reply with quote

Bachata is supposed to be hot and sexy! Looking forward to the lesson!

analytix

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Last outing at Peridot Reply with quote

Last Friday outing in Peridot was awesome. It was my first Bachata lesson a nice break from Salsa after a long time. This was also my first lesson with Alfred and Nina. They were simply fantastic. Thanks to both of you for the lesson.

This was my first time at Peridot. Peridot is really a great place for outing. Convenient location, across the street cheap parking lot, easy access to TTC subway, nice upper floor outside patio and beautiful interior along with two dance floors made it a unique place for outing.
Salsasian

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Bachata Lesson Reply with quote

Analytix, it is really great to receive feedback on our lessons and I'm happy you enjoyed the lesson. It was fun teaching as the crowd was so "into it." It was an extra plus to see that the majority picked up the pattern and there was a lot of smiling faces.

Peridot is definitely one of my fave locations and I had a blast dancing and catching up with people I haven't seen in awhile.

blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Peridot is awesome Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? Last Friday at Peridot was awesome. I came fashionably late but the party was jumpin'. I stayed till the end. DJ Duck is one funny guy and a very good DJ. I hope that Peridot becomes THE spot for TDS outings. Holla back at ya boy!
djduck

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Post subject: Re: Peridot is awesome Reply with quote

Thanks Tyronne...Much respect...That Ying Yang Twins with Merengue was CRAZY!!! I got a mix for you at the next outting produced by yours truly...All I can say is, Super Mario Brothers...lol

Check out my mix:

DJ Duck's new SALSA + LATIN mixtape - Check it out the link: - http://www.zshare.net/audio/1100901385157251/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: