Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darlin Garcia - instructor from Philadelphia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindiloo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Darlin Garcia - instructor from Philadelphia Reply with quote

Darlin Garcia was in town this weekend, teaching some workshops in Bachata, Merengue and Cha Cha...I didn't get to go to those, but I was able to take a shines class with him yesterday and it was fantastic.

If you ever get a chance to take a worshop with him at a salsa congress, I would recommend it. He's got the moves!

He is from Philadelphia - Art in Motion.
KT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great!

If anyone here know of any salsa related workshops around town, it's definately worth mentioning it here! (Preferrably before the workshops are over Very Happy) I'm sure there are tons of people who don't know about it, and may be interested! I know I am!
michel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest a new section : salsa world.
in that section people will include salsa events happening around the worls and also out of country and/or out of town instructors, bands etc. coming to toronto.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting suggestion michel...

Maybe you could post it as a subject in the general salsa discussion.
It's so surprising to see how affluent salsa culture is in different countries.

I am planning to move to south africa in a few years and of course one of the first things i did was search out what's going on in South Africa with salsa...turns out there is a very active salsa community in Cape Town! This really surprised me because when i was there, I didn't find much south american influence there at all. I was really happy to find out that they do have Salsa....so i know i will feel at home there!
michel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the salsa world should be a higher level than a topic, therefor it is the webmaster that has to implement it. (i think).
the topics will be each single event posted and the peoples reaction to it.
b.t.w. just saw a few days ago a program about the violence in S.A. i don't remember which program it was , but it was a serious documentary. are you sure S.A. is the place to be?
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

The reason with put out a "Dancing Venues" section is for places to go dance around the world as well as special events. That is the spot you should all be going to when discussing new places to go dance or new workshops, etc.

Unfortunately if we start adding new sections constantly the forum will seem overwhelming.

Thanks!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Robbiehsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right Sharon, I already find it very overwhelming. Lets clean up the "stale" posts.
michel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at what happened:
1. darlin garcia - was posted in the "general discussion"
2. sharon posted the los van van in "salsa dance music"
3. sharon suggested that those 2 actually belong in "dancing venues" , yet they were not chosen to be put in that section ( probably because the poster felt it did not belong there.
the "dancing venues " serves a great purpose of talking about new venues and as "who's coming to ... tonight"
"world salsa" would have included the above 2 posts.
regarding stale posting:
a forum should have sections that will have infinite fluidity to them (and world salsa will be great as such). subjects that have potential to become stale , should be "topics".
for instance : "shoes" should not be a section, only a topic in the general discussion
section.
"toronto venues" & "get togethers" should be one section.
"helpers" bio should be on the web site not the internal forum. and if you want somebody commenting on the helpers they should do it as a topic in the general discussion.
i see the issue of shoes and helpers bio become very low activity, once all the facts or persons are on . world salsa will have continuous info from all around the salsa world.
only my humble opinion.
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

1) If I want to let people know about a club I visited in France, I would put it under the Venues section
2) If I want to let people know about a music concert, I would put it under the Music Section. It is information only - it is not as if I am inviting everyone to go to a concert - if that was the case it would be under "get-togethers".
3) If I want to invite everyone to go to El Rancho on Saturday night, I would put it under Get-Togethers
4) If I have feedback I would put it on the feedback section (not this one)

I think that is fairly clear.

On a side note: Let's try to put information on this forum that is going to benefit others. Everyone is very opinionated which is fine but when you put something on this forum, please try to make it have a positive effect on someone. Telling people about new music, concerts, workshops, great clubs, good shoes - sharing inspirational stories, that is what this forum is all about.

Thank you!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: