Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TDS Culture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: TDS Culture Reply with quote

I've been with TDS for about 2 years now, and have danced with other groups as well. I have come to observe that there is something really great about the culture at Toronto Dance Salsa that is like no other. For one, there is no pretense. Everyone is super friendly, very encouraging, open and fun to hang out with. I just love the positive attitudes that the helpers bring to the group and also the enthusiasm from the students. I haven't found that this is the case in all dance schools. I mean there are a LOT of great instructors in Toronto who are very skilled at teaching and performing on the dancefloor...but there is just something very special about the vibe of TDS that makes it enjoyable to be a part of.
Has anyone else noticed this? What's your favourite thing about TDS?
Sara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: My Favorite thing about TDS Reply with quote

Hey Kim,
Cool topic! My favourite thing about TDS is the fact that we specialize in people with absolutely NO background in dance and those who think have two left feet. By the end of a single semester, they all dance and joing the salsa community. My favourite thing about TDS is the fact that it is NOT exclusive the salsaholics, but the creating salsaholics. It is a company that specializes in making it fun, social and super laid back so people can feel comfortable on the dance floor, before they can express themselves to perfection.

Dance away TDS!
Sara
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: My favourite thing Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? My favourite thing about TDS is the laid-back, down to earth, fun, and non-judgemental atmosphere. Whether it's in class or at an outing, it's always fun. My biggest thrill is seeing new people at the outings, especially from the classes I help out at. Holla back at ya boy!
analytix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: My favorite thing about TDS Reply with quote

My favorite thing about TDS is its number of students. No other Salsa school in Toronto has as many students as TDS has. Thatís why TDS associate will always find out somebody to hang out or dance with whichever salsa club of Toronto he/she goes. One will never feel lonely in TDS.
velina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. What I most love about TDS are the people and the relaxed friendly atmosphere. Everyone is helpful and excited about dancing. I also love the diversity of personalities and styles on the dance floor at the TDS outings.

See you on Feb 29 at Plaza!!!

v.
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all music to my ears - thanks so much for these wonderful posts! That is exactly what we try to instill in the company....comfortable, fun and friendly. This is the place where you make friends (for life hopefully!), find your inner dance fiend and hopefully really grow as a person.

Glad to hear people love the culture - it makes the 12hr days worth it!!!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
michel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i like best about TDS are Sharon & Evan.
Great dedication.
Fantastic Business savvy.
Amazing dancers.
Fun. Fun. Fun.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously... you just can't beat the positive energy at TDS Smile
michel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, yes and the helpers of course.
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Fun people at TDS Reply with quote

The number of amazingly fun and happy people at TDS is what makes it for me. I know the helpers have a competetive streak when we get together for a fun games night; but, when it comes to dancing everyone is supportive. It's just fun!

Alfred
nina bambina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: TDS is tha best! Reply with quote

RIght on Kimberly! I love TDS most because of all the friends I've made through it. The TDS culture certainly has a very positive vibe that makes everyone feel welcome and comfy. I especially love how Sharon and Evan, and all the helpers make each excursion such a blast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: