Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salsa Mojo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Salsa Mojo Reply with quote

My salsa friends and I joke about losing our "salsa mojo" when we are feeling lazy or unmotivated to go out dancing, even though we feel that we should have, could have, and would have gone out, if we had a little bit more "salsa mojo" Very Happy

I think we've all been guilty of being a little salsa lazy at times, especially when life is busy, work is stressful, the weather is bad, all you wanna do is curl up in a blanket and watch a movie... whatever the reasons may be ...How do you stay motivated to dance?

For me, sometimes it's like going to the gym... you don't feel like doing it, but you feel so good as soon as you drag your butt out the house and do it. I also think listening to salsa music helps you get into the mood and get motivated to go out and dance. Lastly, going online and watching salsa video clips also help me stay motivated, because it reminds me how much I love to dance and how much I can improve with practice.

How do you keep your salsa mojo alive?
Frank_Ng

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Keeping Motivated Reply with quote

Well, I think one way to stay motivated is to find a group of salsa friends who go out regularly and hang out with them. Go dancing regularly when them. It's always easier to go when you know there will be friends going as well. It's also a good idea to find yourself a dedicated partner who has the same goals as you so you can both keep each other motivated and remind each other of salsa events (e.g. TO dance). Just like going to a gym, you're motivated and pumped when you see each other improve.

How do you keep motivated?
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Motivation what? Reply with quote

Wait a sec, aren't the sexy ladies enough motivation? Don't tell Nina.

Alfred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: