Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dancing with the Stars Tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Dancing with the Stars Tour Reply with quote

Last night, afreind of mine invited me to her company's box seats to watch Dancing with the Stars tour at the ACC. We were so high up it was kinda hard to see what was going on, especially since you want to see dance up close. The dances were really great but the flow of the show was a touch awkward, with the stars breaking to provide some commentary, and talk to the audience about themselves. It was almost as though they were trying to fill space or airtime like they do on the television show. Didn't really work too well in front of a live audience when all we really want to do is watch the dancing. Also, Wayne Newton was in the show, but not to dance (good thinking...), to sing. He looked pretty fit and fab with enough botox and orange spray tan to preserve all his 1950's glory, but his voice was very reminiscent of that creepy old man from Family Guy.
One annoying undertone was the brand whoring of the corporate sponsor, Soft Scrub.

Show-wise, I thought Joey Fatone, and Joey Lawrence were adorable. And that Sabrina Bryan...she was incredible! She was almost as good as the professional dancers and probably had the most stage time of all the stars. The choreography was amusing and the costumes sparkled.

Has anyone else seen it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: