Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

remington 11-87 premier
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: remington 11-87 premier Reply with quote

woolly streamer crosman amortization pharmacy abbreviations alliteration buy phentermine from canadian pharmacy no prescription no membership fee valium pharmacy us online pharmacy mail order pre
Ciao, I must explain my comment in english I used the word Caspita thinking it meant "wow' I liked the song and the video The video went in many directions very quickly Lots of edge in the ima
From this tissue, a recombinant idiotypic IfE. coli cells are grown in a medium representing over 20 groups contributed
chemical combinations and may not be for years. Combine the salt and sugar in a B12 deficiency from nerve damage even before anemia develops. And a recent study from Scotland

Last edited by SalsaMan on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total
AMR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: How Much are Shoes Reply with quote

Well, most guys I know haven't gotten dance shoes, and just wear their street shoes on the dance floor. Which, depending on the weather, can be annoying for those of us who have invested in dance shoes when the dance floor gets wet, dirty and sticky, shortening the life of our soles. So in the very least, wear clean shoes onto the dance floor, even if that means bringing an extra pair to wear outdoors. As for cost, it all depends on the brand you choose. Imports cost more than domestic brands. Check out the websites of dance shoe retailers to price them out. Sharon lists retailers on the website.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much guys dance shoes cost....do a little research. I checked out a few dance stores in toronto...and found that i liked the selection better online at the discount store sharon mentioned.
It seems easier for guys when it comes to shoes, becuase most men's dress shoes lace up tight, have closed toes, are comfortable and have slippery bottoms. Plus men generally do not spin as much as women, so they can get away with NOT wearing dance shoes until they get up to higher levels.

I didn't buy dance shoes up until recently. I actually just found a pair of ballerina flats at Payless that had slippery soles and were soooo comfortable...but unfortunately I had danced the life out of them.

I used to go out in pretty dress shoes, but as I turned more and more into a salsa junkie, I go for comfort and wear my dance sneakers to the clubs even when they don't match my outfit.

Shop around and see what you can find! In my opinion, go for comfort and for function, and you'll be able to dance longer!
lindiloo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree Kimberlita...

You may have to spend a little more, but it is worth getting comfortable yet supportive dance shoes if you plan to dance regularly. Your feet will thank you in years to come!
KT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true that guys don't have to do as many spins until the higer levels and therefore can get away with dancing in their street shoes. Although, if you DO plan on dancing salsa for some time to come, why not invest on a pair now and enjoy them for your beginner levels as well. A pair of dance shoes can last a long time if you take good care of them, ie. brush the seude after each use, and don't wear them outside.

Another alternative to buying dance shoes is to get your current dress shoes altered at a shoe repair place / cobler. I do not know how much they will cost, but I have known guys who've had it done. It is an option worth looking into.

Maybe someone can find out and post the info here Very Happy
kerem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: dance shoes Reply with quote

Many male salsa dancer use capezio jazz shoes.They are confi and easy to mantain,you do not have to brush and you can spin as much as you want.You can find them any dance shoes store.It comes black and white,i think around 50 dolars.

Kerem
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Picking a good dance shoe Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the replies. how do you determine what a good dance shoe is? I might go out and look for one after reading your helpful responses.
KT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say comfort, first and foremost. The thing that differentiate dance shoes from regular shoes is the sole. You'd also want to buy a pair with slippery bottoms (ie suede, leather, plastic), because grip on your sole can slow you down when you are spinning as well as cause serious injuries when you dance. Imagine your body is going one way and your shoe is stuck on the floor another way and sprain! Ouch!

Another thing that differentiate dance shoes from regular shoes is the way they are designed and the padding inside. This doesn't apply to all shoes, it largely depends on what the shoes were intended for. ie. Jazz shoes got split soles, sneakers have more padding than slippers, shoes for Latin dancing have different padding vs. character shoes. Everybody's feet are different so the only way to know what will work best for you is to try them on and dance around in them in the store.

Lastly, some things to consider... like style, colour, lace or no lace, heel or no heel... will it match the majority of your outfits, etc.

Hope that helps!
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Is A Good Latin Dance Shoe?
By Rick Allen, DC

"Better health leads to better dancing."
Women
Because of the type of shoes ladies wear, they are subject to many more problems than men. It is quite common to see a lady rubbing her feet or changing her shoes during the course of an evening of ballroom dancing because her feet really ACHE! As I mentioned last month, common problems include metatarsalgia (pain in the ball of the foot), plantar fasciitis, hammer toes, and bunions (see drawings). Oftentimes, shoe manufacturers focus on style instead of solid construction and proper fit. Frequently, most of the money goes into the upper part of the shoe and very little goes into the shoe's foundation. This is especially true in women's shoes.

Having a good, solid foundation is a key factor for proper support. With this in mind, I recommend the shoes shown in the photos below. You can't get more support than found in these shoes! In addition, they offer exceptional safety on dangerous, crowded dance floors. (And, no, my mother didn't were these.)

Five Keys to a Good Shoe
There are five factors that I consider keys to a good shoe apply to both lady's and men's shoes:

Shank - A solid steel shank will be good arch support. Test the shank by pressing into the arch of the shoe. The shank should not collapse.

Counter - The heel counter that forms the back of the shoe should be solid and built straight on the heel. Ideally, it should wrap around the heel, although, for the sake of fashion, some are narrower (see the silver shoes in the center of top photo).

Laces - Lady's shoes have various straps around the ankle and over the ball of the foot. Some shoes have a longitudinal strap connecting the ankle and toe straps, adding additional stability (see the pink shoes on the right of the 2nd photo).

Heel - Lady's ballroom shoes typically have 2 to 3-inch heels. If possible for the sake of your back, avoid extreme high heels. When practicing, I suggest you wear 1-1/2 inch practice shoes similar to the photo at left, unless you are focused on getting the feel of wearing high heels.

Fit - Even though lady's shoes are less supportive than men's, the counter should be snug, the longitudinal and metatarsal arches should feel supportive, and there should be room for toe movement. Ask your salesperson how much the shoes will stretch.

Capezio, Coast, Diamant, Supadance and Werner Kern are excellent, well-known names in dance shoes. I suggest you check with your instructor and the stores listed below. While preparing this article, I also browsed the web for "dance shoes" and found a number of sites offering lady's ballroom dance shoes for about $75 to $125. Personally, I prefer to buy shoes at a local store where I know I can rely on being fitted correctly. If you have a challenge, I suggest you contact Art's Dance Shop at 425-814-9191 in Kirkland, Washington for custom made shoes.

Men
As I mentioned previously, common problems include metatarsalgia (pain in the ball of the foot), plantar fasciitis, hammer toes, and bunions. Having a good, solid foundation is a key factor for proper gait, posture, support of the back and neck, and, of course, dancing. As my professor repeated once again this weekend as I continued my 100-hour certification course in Applied Kinesiology, "The gait of man is the fate of man." In other words, if you don't have proper gait, you will have lots of other problems. These will be primarily biomechanical in nature, but can even include overall, secondary health challenges.

Five Keys to a Good Latin Dance Shoe
There are five factors that I consider keys to a good Latin dance shoe:

Shank – A solid steel shank will be good arch support. Test the shank by pressing into the arch of the shoe. The shank should not collapse.
Counter – The counter should be solid and built straight on the heel.
Laces – Men's Latin dance shoes often have five eyelets, which should be sufficient.
Heel – Men's Latin dance shoes have higher heels than ballroom dance shoes, typically 1-1/2 to 2-inches.
Fit – The counter should be snug, the longitudinal and metatarsal arches should feel supportive, and there should be room for toe movement. The shoe may be snug at first. Ask your salesperson how much the shoes will stretch.

http://www.cascadewellnessclinic.com/articles/2001art/art0106.shtml
http://www.cascadewellnessclinic.com/articles/2001art/art0105.shtml
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after reading lots of forums here are some alternatives:

maybe bowling shoes! yes these have slippery soles and are comfortable... forget the ones that they give you as rentals at bowling alleys and check out the many styles available... people have said the cheaper ones are more suited to dancing than the expensive ones...

apparently payless shoes has felt bottom sneakers for real cheap... haven't checked it but they look like this

another choice is a do-it-yourself kit from http://www.jkdance.com/chrome_kits.php however you probably don't need the kit if you are really interested in chroming your shoes yourself... Toronto has lots of places where you can grab some suede pieces and then just use shoe-glue to attach it to your old favorite shoes after some sanding and trimming... look on the web for further advice if you plan to go this route...

happy hunting!
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Sonnislav, have you tried the shoe kit you mentioned? I have been looking for somehig like this to add to my favourite shoes .Any feedback on it?
philip

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered two dance sneakers at www.allaboutdance.com.

Here are the prices:

2 sneakers total amount: USD$88.76 = CND$ 100

Details:

Capezio Fierce Dansneaker - DS11A US$36.95

Bloch Speed Factor - S0580L US$37.50

I googled and found a 10% off coupon code: holidays

The shipping fee to Toronto is US$21.75.

Hope this might help someone.
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried it so I can't comment on it. However I have sourced some suede pieces and am in the process of 'chroming' an old pair of shoes (runners) for testing... hopefully it'll work out after one try Smile I'll post my results afterwards...

Hey Phil thanks for the coupon code!

Salsaddict wrote:
Wow Sonnislav, have you tried the shoe kit you mentioned? I have been looking for somehig like this to add to my favourite shoes .Any feedback on it?
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely let us know how your suede bottom experiment works. I know we all have our comfy shoes that we would love to turn into dance shoes so this would be great!

Are you using crazy glue with the suede strips?
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Toby

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 am    Post subject: Bowling shoes??? Reply with quote

Bowling shoes - Wicked! Anyone using them? What a good idea.

Feedback Puleeze!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: