Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caps for your shoes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Caps for your shoes? Reply with quote

I was dancing in a club this weekend and noticed a girl dancing with very nice 3 inch dance shoes. Then I noticed there is a plastic cap type of thing (see through plastic cube) at the bottom of her heels. I've never seen that before and was too embarrassed to ask. Anyone have any idea what it is and what it may be used for?
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Heel Caps Reply with quote

Hi KT! These are called Heel Caps or Protectors and are used mostly by ballroom dancers. I think they are used because the heel starts to wear away in many shoes so they put the cap on to protect it.

I've never actually noticed it dancing salsa but maybe some of the ballroom dances have more impact on the heel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: