Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fall Classes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rev

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Fall Classes Reply with quote

Hi I am interested in trying out salsa. I have a little ballroom experience, hopefully that will be of aid. I would be attending the yonge&finch location. I am curious if the classes are balanced? I do not want to be practicing moves with a coat rack. Is there drop-ins? I want to see how the classes are like.

cheers,
rev
MissChievous

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome on board Rev, Toronto Dance Salsa is always glad to have a new potential Salsaholic!

Any dancing background is a bonus but not a must. Sharon is very thorough and breaks down the moves bit by bit very well. Even the absolute beginners quite often become pretty comfortable just after several classes.

The leader/follower ratio is always balanced, thanks to the helpers. We always have some volunteers from senior students to even the numbers so everyone in a class has a partner.

At this time TDS is not offering drop-in classes; the program is progressive and every lesson based on the previously learned material, that is why it is important to try to not to miss any of the lessons.

You may want to take a look at another thread--For the new set of beginners--for more information.

Good luck!
rev

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info MissC,

Is there the return/refund policy? Also why do the class postings request couples? I.e.
"4 men and 2 couples needed, wait list for women"

Cheers,
rev
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rev,

The reason that you see men needed or couples is to keep the ratio balanced for men and women. It basically means that the registration is full for women, but there are still 4 spots for men. if a woman wants to sign up, she must sign up with a partner.
However, like Karina mentioned, there are always helpers in each class to keep the ratio balanced and also to assist the students!

Hope that helps, and we hope to see you on the dancefloor soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: