Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ES0485 - SLIPSTREAM BLOCHS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: ES0485 - SLIPSTREAM BLOCHS Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

I am wondering if any of you have bought the Bloch Slipstream jazz shoes? They look really funky and similar to my Bloch Speed Factors. I would love to get feedback on them with regards to salsa dancing and if they are available in Toronto...let me know!

[/img]
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
KT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are my shoes!

They are very comfortable, the slipper molds to your feet so it feels like you're not wearing shoes at all. There are air pockets all around the shoe so you can wear it for a long period of time without getting sweaty feet. It folds up, so it's very portible. The only thing I don't like about it, is that you can't wear it outdoors, so you'll have to change your shoes at the club. I've seen them at the Salsa Congress. I bought mine from Toronto Dance Wear, way back in level 1... they were on sale at the time for $75, plus a 10% discount for being a Toronto Dance student.

Sharon, I'll show you next class Very Happy
mokora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Dance Shoes made for Guys Reply with quote

Are there any dance shoes made for us guys? I know a few were recommended and I already researched the ones listed on the TorontoDance website. All the ones recommended seem to be in women's sizes and are being showcased by women on the websites. I'm really surprised of how few shoes are available for men or are they unisex. What shoe would you recommend for a guy about a size-10-11?

Available online and advertised as a "mens dress dance shoe/sneaker".
TwoLeftFeet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Dance Shoes made for Guys Reply with quote

mokora wrote:
Are there any dance shoes made for us guys? I know a few were recommended and I already researched the ones listed on the TorontoDance website. All the ones recommended seem to be in women's sizes and are being showcased by women on the websites. I'm really surprised of how few shoes are available for men or are they unisex. What shoe would you recommend for a guy about a size-10-11?

Available online and advertised as a "mens dress dance shoe/sneaker".

Honestly, you should try them on if you can before purchasing... I've found that one particular pair that I bought needed to be size 13 Exclamation for me... My regular shoe size is either 10.5 or 11 (usually 11, but depends on shoe). Good luck!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. If you want to buy online, my suggestion is that you go to a dance store, and try on a couple of shoes...then write down the make and the size that fit comfortably and search for them online.
SOme online stores are final sale like the discount dance online store. So once you buy you are stuck with the shoes whether they fit or not.
J_Lapinoe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Dance Shoes made for Guys Reply with quote

TwoLeftFeet wrote:

Honestly, you should try them on if you can before purchasing... I've found that one particular pair that I bought needed to be size 13 Exclamation for me... My regular shoe size is either 10.5 or 11 (usually 11, but depends on shoe). Good luck!

I think that Dance shoes in General are cut to Womens sizes (even the mens shoes). When I go shopping for Ballroom shoes, I'm always told to get upto 2 sizes larger then my street size because of this. Unless you are familiar with the product I'd always try on a pair before ordering/buying a pair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: