Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last outing at Plaza Flamingo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
analytix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Last outing at Plaza Flamingo Reply with quote

This was my fourth outing as a TDS level 1 student; first one was in Vida Lounge just the day before our first class and the other two were in Montana; and so far the best one. The music was awesome specially the Merengue and Bachata numbers and Alex Belloís live performance. The lesson part was just ok for me. It was too dark, noisy and crowded to watch, listen and follow the instructions. I enjoyed the session in Vida Lounge and Montana more probably because I could reserve a spot more close to the instructors. Anyway, overall the whole show was breathtaking. It was mind boggling to watch all those experienced dancers in perfect synchronization and rhythm on the dance floor. Me and my buddies were planning to stay long but eventually had to leave early, but fully rejuvenated and inspired, to catch the last TTC streetcar. Thanks to Sharon, Evan, Sara, Kimberlita and others in TDS to arrange such an outing. Day by day itís just getting better, better and better.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Glad you like it Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? I'm glad to see you like the last outing. I stayed until 2:30am and I was sore from all that dancing. It's not very often that there's an outing like the one at Plaza. For all the new people, it's a great idea to go to as many outings as possible. My own advice for all the new people is to dance with as many different people as possible and also dance with as may helpers and instructors as possible. Actually, the best advice I have is go out and have fun. Holla back at ya boy!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had a good time! It's true... some venues are just more condusive for teaching lesson than others. We try our best...but plaza flamingo is one of the most difficult places for sound and space.

I had a blast!
The energy was really amazing on Friday and I definitely danced up a storm. Aside from the sound system being out of whack, I enjoyed the concert and stayed out pretty late in my standards!
My feet were so sore by the time I stopped dancing, and I was so thankful when I changed into my flats!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: