Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any new dance shoes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Any new dance shoes? Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased new dance shoes lately? Wondering if there is anything new on the market that is more comfortable? Always searching for the perfect shoe Sad
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya...
As much as I am always on the prowl for finding new shoes, I haven't discovered anything lately. I wish the shoe booths were available at the competition, becuase I liked the shoes from Century Wide Dance shoes that were on display at MOntana for the preliminaries.
Toby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Dance shoes Reply with quote

Yeah I kind of feel bad for ladies trying to wear those high heals. I think men have it a lot easier. We still don't have great looking sneaker shoes but they are starting to make them.

If there are any new men's shoes on the market would be interesting in hearing about them.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We women DO have it hard wearing painful high heels, but they look so nice! A lot of us actually wear our dance sneakers to clubs though. when it's dark and everyone's spinning around no one notices! Wink
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True I love my sneakers but how do you look good in them with a skirt???? Hard to get dressed up and then wear sneakers. Why is it so hard to find comfortable shoes?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, i'm finding summer a bit of a challenge when it comes to comfy dance shoes. In the winter I was always wearing pants, so dance sneakers could blend in a little better. Now with skirts and dresses, I have to wear the heels, unfortunately!
KT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that also goes hand in hand with salsa dancing is a big purse... one that you can fit multiple pairs of shoes in... once again, for those unexpected salsa emergencies...

I went to the boat cruise yesterday in my little black dress... which will only look good with my little strappy dance shoes... which are too painful to walk in all the way to and from where the bus stop... plus it will ruin my soles... so I did the very responsible thing and wore flip flops to walk to and from the bus... then I had to be prepared in case it hurts too much to dance in my strappy shoes, so on top of my little strappy dance shoes, I also brought my dance sneakers... I had a total of 3 pairs of shoes on me yesterday Embarassed I might sound mildly crazy right now, but I think it was worth it.

The moral of the story is, ladies... on top of looking for shoes that you can walk and dance in, you should also invest in purses that can fit your shoes! (However many pairs you carry around with you) Very Happy

Happy Dancing! Very Happy
AMR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: dance shoes on eBay Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Tivoli-JS3-by-Sansha-Black-Canvas-Jazz-Slipper_W0QQitemZ250161696527QQihZ015QQcategoryZ150664QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Wox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Any new dance shoes? Reply with quote

Salsaddict wrote:
Has anyone purchased new dance shoes lately? Wondering if there is anything new on the market that is more comfortable? Always searching for the perfect shoe Sad

Dance shoes "Talisman"
Men's and women's ballroom dance shoes for Latin American and European dance. Children's dance shoes. Shoes for training.
www.danceshop.us
www.wmeshop.com
Tracie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for the ladies -

I get a lot of inquiries (from women) about whether or not dance shoes make a difference or if regular "street" or dress shoes work just as well. My answer is a definitive YES that dance shoes make a difference - even if you find a great pair of dress shoes/boots to dance in, nothing compares to a shoe that is made specifically for dancing. Dance shoes are balanced and structured to support the foot and minimize repetitive stress injuries, like squished toes and pinched balls of the feet, that eventually come after going out and dancing night after night!

When I first started ballroom and salsa dancing I had my favourite pair of heels to dance in and I didn't think I needed dance shoes, but when I did eventually give in and make the investment, I couldn't look back. Now my dance shoe collection is about as big as my dress shoe collection!

So, I get a lot of inquiries about my dance shoes and suggestions on brands and where to buy good shoes.

I wear Souldancer USA shoes and swear by them - they have a cushioned suede insole and a durable suede sole (good for spinning!). By far Souldancer has been the most durable brand that I've worn and, if taken care of properly, they can last a good year even if you're going out and dancing in them every day (which I do).

A few dance studios in town sell Souldancer shoes, but I get mine custom ordered - visit www.souldancerusa.com and take a look at their range of latin and ballroom styles. You can also custom order heel height (if 3" heels are a little intimidating!) and material.

The only thing is, you have to wait 6 - 8 weeks for shoe delivery, which doesn't really work if you need dance shoes NOW.

So, what to do? Malabar's on McCaul (just north of Queen West) has a small selection of Capezio dance shoes, or, go to trusty google and look for ballroom dance shoe stores in the GTA. Shoes will run anywhere from $125 - $200, but they are totally worth the investment. Your feet will thank you, and a beautiful pair of satin heels will go so much better with those dresses and skirts than your dance sneakers! Very Happy
SHC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: men dance shoes Reply with quote

For all the gentlemen out there, this is for you. Just come across a review of dance shoes for men written by Anthony Persaud from Addicted2Salsa in San Diego. http://addicted2salsa.com/2009/02/22/a-review-of-the-best-salsa-dance-shoes-for-men/.
Some of you may find it useful. Enjoy!

This is the list of shoes that were reviewed:
The Street Shoes
The Bloch Sneakers
The Jazz Shoes
The Latin Ballroom Shoes
The Practice Sneakers
The “Pointy” Shoes
The Modern Suede Shoe

Stella
lombard12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one of my friends bought the latest Capezio shoes. They are really comfortable and i would like to suggest you to buy them.
beautiflydance

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Custom Latin/Ballroom Dance Shoes Sale at Affordable Prices Reply with quote

Site with great dance shoes....

http://jdc.elementfx.com/index.php?x=browse&category=1

For a free quote on price and delivery contact beautiflydance@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: