Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What was your hook?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: What was your hook? Reply with quote

Last night over dinner (sushi!) with some salsa friends, we got talking about how and why we got into salsa and when the addiction started.
For some of us, it started with an amazing dance with someone that took the time to teach and radiate passion and excitement. For others salsa was a complete awakening from being a non dancer to a full out salsa addict.

What was the moment that triggered within you and made you LOVE to dance?

Once you start, you just can't stop...
blackout1999

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: the first time Reply with quote

It's been a while, salsa people, but I had a small problem with my computer and now all is well. I guess the first time I started dancing was when I was 11 years old when I first heard the Sugar Hill Gang(yeah, that was a long time ago). As far as when I first was introduced to salsa, that happened in 2002 when I was in Ottawa. I was watching my friend for most of the night but I ended up dancing with a girl who my friend was trying to set me up with. I did catch on to the basic step eventually(after being stepped on by heels about 10 times). It was at that moment I started to take a huge interest. When I came back to Toronto, I started to learn the Cuban style. I was doing for a couple of years then I disappeared from the scene until last year. I went to Acrobat and I realized I was so out of practice and that's when I hooked up with TDS. I guess you can say TDS has rekindled my love for salsa(or you can say I'm a salsa-head). Holla back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: