Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is it necessary to wear dancing shoes for ladies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: is it necessary to wear dancing shoes for ladies? Reply with quote

a friend of mine is looking for a pair of dancing shoes. we had a debate and I think as long as the shoes have slippery sole, it should be fine. what do you think guys/gals?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance shoes have flexible soles with suede bottoms and are much lighter than regular womens’ dress shoes. They also have a solid heel and a strap that fastens the shoe securely to your ankle. Some people find them easier to dance in and more comfortable than dress shoes.
I however, have found no problems dancing in dress shoes as long as they are slippery and have a secure ankle strap so that the shoe does not flop while I’m dancing. I have had trouble finding a wider fitting dance shoe in a style that I like and have more luck just trying regular shoe stores for danceable dress shoes. Regular shoes are also a LOT cheaper whereas dance shoes seldom go on sale or are not marked down nearly as much as regular shoes! I have even added gel-sole inserts into my dress shoes for extra comfort and it really does do the trick for me. I guess whatever works for you will be the best option. I am a shoe-aholic and am constantly on the lookout for new shoes, so I can’t limit myself to just dance stores!
garish

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found many of the lady's dancing shoes are ugly, or at least not pretty, comparing to dress shoes...that's why i prefer dressing shoes for ladies...of course, it is a very subjective topic
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well consider yourself lucky not to be a woman. You have to cut us a break when it comes to dance shoe fashion. It's tiring to wear heels and open toes leave us vulnerable to lifted toenails and bruises. This is why when it comes to salsa dancing, practical shoes win everytime.
TRUST ME. I used to be a huge shoe diva, but have reformed my ways EARLY on. (especially after my first lifted tonail incident with a guy who danced with really big steps) I will now wear my dance sneakers to clubs without a care in the world about what they look like. Would I look nice, or dance for as long as I can? IT's a toss up, but dancing always wins.

Do the ladies agree or disagree?
garish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the explanation. i guess i need to put my feet in your shoes...literally...in order to realize that Laughing
i was at Babaluu sunday night and spot a really nice pair of dancing shoes. i was on the edge of asking the lady where she got them, but figured I was not supposed to be the one who come up with this kind of questions...
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with asking a woman where she got her shoes... could be useful info to pass on to your women friends...or to post on the forum here!
You're OBVIOUSLY not asking for yourself!
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well let's not jump to assume anything because you know what they say about making assumptions... Smile

if garish thinks certain shoes are pretty and, well, whatever garish wishes we should be supportive regardless! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: