Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Rewarding Moments...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Helpers' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Most Rewarding Moments... Reply with quote

Many people wonder why so many helpers volunteer their time week after week to help out in the classes, and we all look beyond happy to be there. I've been a helper for 3 semesters now. And aside from the always amazing helper appreciation events organized by Sharon, one of the main reason I enjoy being a helper is the rewarding moments when working with the students. It is so rewarding seeing the students improve week after week, and becoming more comfortable with themselves and their abilities.

My favourite story came from a student from a previous semester. His girlfriend at the time was a few levels ahead of him. As a surprise for their 3 year anniversary, he secretly took classes with Toronto Dance Salsa, and did not tell his girlfriend until the end of the 9 weeks. On their anniversary night, he surprised her with all of the Level 1 moves he learned in class, and totally impressed her on the dance floor (I think they may be engaged by now). He thanked the helpers afterwards, and it brought alot of warmth to our hearts.

What is your most rewarding moments?
Mannysmo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: From student to helper... Reply with quote

I've recently begun helping out with Toronto Dance Salsa classes, with whom I've been taking classes with for over a year now. It's great to see new students and how they respond to helpers. The satisfaction I get in helping them is amazing and it brings back memories of my fellow classmates when we started. Some of us already had experience, others didn't, but in the end the fun we've had has created really good relationships, regardless of what our backgrounds may have been. I look forward to those nights, and oddly enough am super energized for my own class even after 2 hours of helping others. Salsa, you gotta love it!!!

Hasta la proxima, sigan bailando!!!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Rewards in small places Reply with quote

I think it's rewarding everytime I see students return for the following semesters and keep up with their dancing. I also find it rewarding that they ask me for help and then I see that I was able to help them refine their dance steps. And of course It's always nice to hear them greet me druing classes and let me know they're coming to the outtings!
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Rewards... Reply with quote

This is such a great topic! I started out as a helper years ago for another school and it was so rewarding - just as much as teaching. I love seeing our students go out and have fun and show improvements. I love it when they tell me about how the classes have changed their lives. There is nothing better to hear!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: helpers Reply with quote

TDS helpers are the best out there - they are always excited to be in class and never hesitate to help. They ask you to dance in the clubs even when yuo are a complete beginner. I may have not gotten to higher levels if it wasnt for the helpers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Helpers' Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: