Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

who here goes to toronto salsa practice at 3PM sat?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: who here goes to toronto salsa practice at 3PM sat? Reply with quote

thinking of going this saturday and ever since class ended the only salsa I have had was with cheese and tostitos... it would be somewhat comforting to know other level 1s from friday class were going... 3pm...? Laughing Razz
Sharon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Salsa Practice Reply with quote

Hi Sonnislav,

There are about 20-30 Toronto Dance Salsa students that go every week - many weeks there are more. I know a couple of them are from Friday's level 1 for sure but don't worry too much who goes. The vibe there, from what everyone tells me, is really casual and everyone wants to practice so it is a good place to try.

Let us know how it goes! Maybe you can write us a review after?
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
michel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went once & loved it. (to the beginner's level).
you don't need to know anybody (even though i saw a couple of familiar faces).
not sure if there is practice next saturday (the 23rd). find out before yoy go.
overall - a great place to practice & dance.
anton310

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were six of us from Friday's lvl 1 class at the practice this saturday. We go to the 5:30 session though. Apparently the 3:30 session was so packed, they had to turn some people away at the door. The people who couldn't get in at 3 all came in at 5:30, so it was packed as well. It's a great place to practice, there are tons of people to dance with.
KT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know if they are opened the 23rd?
Vincenzo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Toronto Salsa Practice Reply with quote

The last practice of 2006 will be on 23 December.

The church will be closed on 30 December - no practice that day!

The first practice of 2007 will be on 6 January
KT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, last practice of the year... I'll be there... hope to see y'all there!
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Salsa church practice Reply with quote

You guys are hardcore - have fun!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally went to my first Toronto Salsa Practice at 5:30, I had a really good time. I saw so many familiar faces from TDS and even some familiar faces from Wednesday nights at Babaluu's! Now I know where many people come to learn new moves!
There is someone to dance with for EVERY song, and I found a lot of them were really good dancers. The variety of people who show up there is amazing.
I am going to try and attend the earlier practice as I hear it's much better and the large dance floor is open for the afternoon. However the two smaller rooms had their own advantages in that you can actually find who's there and not get lost in a big crowd.

I'm definitely coming back next saturday. For those NOT going to the Montreal Congress, who's in?
Rad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think to go next Saturday, April 21.   I've always wanted to check it out.   How about 3:30 to 5:30 – the better session?   : ))
datts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Toronto Salsa Practice @ 5:30 Reply with quote

Heading towards Toronto Salsa Practice this saturday (Apr 28 ) for the 5:30 practice. Anybody interested in coming - let me know - datts@yahoo.com . I'm currently taking Level2 class and enjoy dancing with beginers too.
MissChievous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, there are quite a few TDS students going to be at the church on Saturday at 5:30. So, if you see a familiar face (or not so familiar) feel free to ask them to dance Wink
Rad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Toronto Salsa Practice @ 5:30 Reply with quote

datts wrote:
Heading towards Toronto Salsa Practice this saturday (Apr 28 ) for the 5:30 practice. Anybody interested in coming - let me know - datts@yahoo.com . I'm currently taking Level2 class and enjoy dancing with beginers too.

Hey Datts, you just didn’t mention if you are “F” or “M” :) ) ... because if F & F is still possible combination for salsa dancing, the M & M combo will be amusing. :)))
By the way I’m “M”.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the 5:30 twice alone and both times I ran into a LOT of familiar TDS faces. Regardless, there are amazing dancers there who ask you to dance for pretty much every song. What a work out! I didn't sit out for a single song!!
KT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I've seen many male and male salsa dancing, even at the clubs. Often during birthday dances... you can search salsa birthday dances and see tons of clips of 2 guys dancing... tho, sometimes I wonder how they decide who leads and who follow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: