Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Women's dance shoes @ Costa Blanca

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Women's dance shoes @ Costa Blanca Reply with quote

Hi Ladies,

I found some flats at Costa Blanca (Scarborough Town) and they have shiny plastic soles with no grip. They're not really meant to be dance shoes, but I tried spinning in them and they are fairly slippery. There are many different varieties, styles, and colours. In fact, I started wandering around the store looking at all of the shoes, and about 80% of the shoes there have plastic soles. The prices ranges from $14.99 - $25.

I personally still preach about getting proper dance shoes, however, it has become a habit of mine since I started dancing to make sure all of my shoes are slippery and dancable... just in case of salsa emergencies and when my proper dance shoes aren't around.

Happy Dancing Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAH! KT, salsa emergencies!
you're too funny. I agree too... whenever i look for new shoes, I check the soles to see if they are slippery. Thanks for the tip.. I’ll check out Costa for the ballerina flats.

Do they have a strap? Because I find that with ballerina flats sometimes the heel will flop off during spins. I used to have a really comfy pair of ballerina flats that were kind of like pointed mary janes and were perfect for spinning…but I had to throw them out because my husband said they were starting to smell. :S That was probably too much honesty for this public forum, but hey…it gets hot and sweaty in salsa clubs!!
AnthonyF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
just in case of salsa emergencies and when my proper dance shoes aren't around.

lol..... What do you consider a "salsa emergency" ? Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salsa emergency: When you go out, not EXPECTING to end up at a latin club, but a sudden change of fate leads you to the dancefloor. When your feet can't help but move to the beat of the clave. When you walk down College St. for a few drinks with friends and trick them into going to El Rancho afterward for a quick dance session.
When going out in general, it's best to be prepared with shoes that you can dance in!
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: