Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babaluu - Tuesday or Wednesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Babaluu - Tuesday or Wednesday Reply with quote

I hear a lot of people go out to Babaluu to get better and practice.

What day is better between Tuesday and Wednesday and has better music?

Thanks in advance!
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Babalu Reply with quote

Well it is pretty subjective, SalsaMan. But most people agree the best music is Tuesday. The DJ there (does anyone know his name??) is really cool and makes you want to dance all night.
kerem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is julio cezar.I agree with you he is one of the best salsa dj in toronto.We have to let people know one thing about tuesday nights in babalu that they just play salsa all night long which means when you go out if you want to dance merengue or bachata i do not think tuesday is the best day for you.But wednesdays they merengue and bachata also.

Kerem
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Julio Reply with quote

I definitely agree the music is better at Babaluu's on Tuesday and Julio is very talented. But I like the vibe on Wednesdays - there is more room, a variety of levels and it is quite casual.

Has anyone tried Babaluu's on Sunday? I haven't been in so long - how is the vibe?
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
lindiloo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Wednesday's at Babaluu's Reply with quote

So - I finally (FINALLY!) visited Babaluu's for the first time last night and it just may be one of my new favorite salsa clubs. It is a nice atmosphere - music was good...and wow, the dancers were so fun to watch.
Rad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Babaluu's Tuesdays Reply with quote

Come on guys, let’s put it right – Babaluu is a great venue, but it is not for practice : )   At least, not after 10:30PM.   It’s to show that you can dance : )   It’s to go and enjoy the salsa dancing, not to remember the figures and to try something new.   I wish to stay on the Babaluu’s floor for the whole night as soon as possible ; )
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think showing off your dance moves and trying new ones is exactly what it means to practice!
Going to a place like babaluus really teaches you about what salsa is all about....freestyle, impromptu, crowded and energized. This kinda stuff you cannot learn in a classroom. Sure we can learn turnpatterns and styling techniques, but what's the use of that if we confine it to a class or a practice hall. Clubs are the real places to advance your dancing skills.
To be honest, i had completed levels 2-5 without really going out, and sure i was an okay dancer...but it wasn't until i went OUT regularly that i really improved. IT only took a month or so. It's where i learned about different styles of dancers and what it means to be a good follower. It is a practice skill to be a good active follower, if that makes sense. In class we can anticipate moves that we learned, but at clubs....it's a free-for-all...and I think babaluu's is one of the best places to salsa in the city!
lindiloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Kimberlita...where were YOU last night? haha You missed a good night
Rad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right Kimberly. Clubs are the real place to improve your dancing.   I didn’t mean that we have to confine to the class hall and our outings only, not at all!   I love Babaluu and I was going there even just for pleasure a long time before I started my Beginner Level 1 in January this year. I could say Babaluu stimulated me to enrol in TDS : ))  Although I just finished my level 1, I have visited different Latin clubs to dance, including Babaluu, but I feel I need more moves, more patterns and some styling of course, to feel more comfortable : )   I know it takes time ... May be I’m just too eager, eh? : ) ... And yes, to be a good follower is virtuosity such as to be a good leader, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: