Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DANCE PARTNER FORUM!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: DANCE PARTNER FORUM!!! Reply with quote

In preparation for our upcoming Toronto Dance Salsa Amateur Competition I though we would add a "DANCE PARTNER" forum section. However we will not limit the section to just comeptitions. This section can also be used when someone wants to find a dance partner to:

a) Practice
b) Go dancing
c) Go to outings
d) Perform
e) Attend classes
f) Join competitions

Please be respectful of others' private information and use the Private Message option for discussion. Always meet in public places like our outings or clubs.

Also please note we have just added our new "Competition" page with lots of information on judging criteria, rules and regulations, who qualifies, etc. Visit the Competition Page at

http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/toronto-salsa-competition.php

Enjoy the new forum section and happy dancing!!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: DANCE PARTNER FORUM!!! Reply with quote

That's awesome - so cool! I may be away in April so I will wait until the dates are announed but just out of curiosity are there any men in level 3-6 that are looking for a dance partner? I am about 5'6. Can;t wait to hear back!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, Sharon...I'm sure the partner forum will be quite active. Smile Looking forward to seeing how it will work out.
Please exercise due dilligence everyone!
LetsSpinTillWePassOut

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Are people too shy?? Reply with quote

I've been to salsa clubs and classes many times and I've seen so many people who want to improve their salsa skill. Few I know from the class (you know who you are), need some good practice before moving on to the next level (I for one). I think this is an excellent place to find a dance parter whom you can practice with what you learned in the class.
I'm a male 5'10" level 2/3. PM me anyone interested.
Rad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The partner’s forum is not as active as expected, is it?   There was a huge interest, but now…
To have a dance partner is a big responsibility, as well !   I think, the best place to find a partner (if you really want) is on the dance floor!   At least, you’ll know if you fit.   Otherwise, how can you tell your new partner: Sorry, but it seems we are not “designed” for each other ; )
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps people are just a bit shy on the get-go or need time to think about what exactly they are looking for or when they would be able to accomodate such an agreement. It is another committment after all.
quantum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rad wrote:
The partner’s forum is not as active as expected, is it?   There was a huge interest, but now…
To have a dance partner is a big responsibility, as well !   I think, the best place to find a partner (if you really want) is on the dance floor!   At least, you’ll know if you fit.   Otherwise, how can you tell your new partner: Sorry, but it seems we are not “designed” for each other ; )

Yeah it is not active at all. Back in England (where I moved from), partnering is very common on the various dance message boards. Maybe it is a cultural thing here in Toronto?

But I agree...best place to find a partner is on the floor...or at a University Smile
michel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a contact program (search for "classifieds" software) will make all the difference.
J_Lapinoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Looking for Competition Partner Reply with quote

Exploring my options here

Male 6foot1 Level 3/4 looking for partner to compete in the TDS competition.

Prefer partner 5foot9 or Taller, Level 3 or higher.

PM me if you are interested. Again, I'm exploring my options here. Haven't decided if I'm going to make the Jump yet or not. Cool
Toby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Women needed! Reply with quote

Come on women! We need you to post too or we will have to dance with each other Smile
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since there is a dearth of females posting here in the partners forum, I am willing to partner up as a follower....
$10/hour...
-want me to wear a female wig +$5
-wear padding, dress, and/or lipstick = priceless (meaning it ain't happening...)

level 1.5 but as I learn more moves for the follower role my price will be reflected accordingly! Laughing

pictures available upon request... Razz
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonnislav wrote:
since there is a dearth of females posting here in the partners forum, I am willing to partner up as a follower....
$10/hour...
-wear padding, dress, and/or lipstick = priceless (meaning it ain't happening...)

level 1.5 but as I learn more moves for the follower role my price will be reflected accordingly! Laughing

Shocked LOL

Wow I do hope you aren't serious!
Kneedragger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonnislav wrote:
$10/hour...

that's pretty well priced services considering I chage 5 bucks for every turn for my follower...lol ............j/k
blackout1999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Looking for a partner Reply with quote

What's really good? I'm looking for a partner to practice with and to go out from time to time, especially to the outings. I'm taking the level 5 class on Tuesdays. I'm the bald guy with a permanent tan and I've been told I'm look younger for my age. Can someone help a brother out please? Have a great day Very Happy
Rad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a partner Reply with quote

blackout1999 wrote:
What's really good? I'm looking for a partner to practice with and to go out from time to time, especially to the outings. I'm taking the level 5 class on Tuesdays. I'm the bald guy with a permanent tan and I've been told I'm look younger for my age. Can someone help a brother out please? Have a great day :D

Hey, Blackout1999, your self describing is very cool!   Come on girls!   Do not be shy! :))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: