Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Montana Dance Night
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Montana Dance Night Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

I just sent the evite out to let everyone know that we are having our next outing to Montana Lounge at 145 John Street (and Richmond). It is a huge space so everyone is welcome including non-Toronto Dance Salsa students. This is a great opportunity for absolute beginners to try a salsa class so invite friends and family!

Details:
Date: Sunday March 11th from 7pm-12midnight
Lesson: Beginner and intermediate lessons from 7-8pm

Can't wait to see you all there!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Toby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Montana's! Reply with quote

That's great - I've been there before for non salsa nights and it is huge. I thin kthey have 2 different DJ booths in two huge rooms and lots of little corners with pool tables and lounges. Should be fun. Glad we are trying out new places!
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Montana! Reply with quote

Can't wait to see everyone at Montana! I didn't know they did salsa nights! Thanks for organizing it Sharon!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think they did before Evan asked them about it!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Montana - New Toronto Dance Salsa location?? Reply with quote

What did everyone think of Montana's last night??

I thought it was GREAT! I'm glad that we tried it out. The space was amazing. I loved how there was enough room to move around and really let loose and dance. The DJ was pretty good and listened to exactly what Sharon had requested in terms of the ratios mixing salsa, bachata and merengue.

I really liked that they had 3 different rooms to teach 3 different levels of salsa so that there was no confusion.

And the floors....no complaints! Nice and slippery.

What did everyone else think?
MissChievous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the night at Montana despite all the little peeves like leeking ceilling, line-ups at the coat check and the bar in the beginning.
I liked the floors, they were really nice and sleepery, just about right. The place was very spacious, lots of room for everybody to dance. The music selection was good, nice mix of salsa-bachata-merengue-salsa but the quality of the sound could be a little better. But overall it’s a great place, I loved it. I think it is going to be my most favorite place for our outings.
Robbiehsu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the place was great. The venue is awesome, for sure the 2nd best place, next to Acrobat.

The negatives, we need a better DJ, my IPOD could of done a better job. It was not very intimate. We need like 250-300 to make that place feel warm.

I say we have all of our Sunday night events there. I wish we could have our Friday/Sautrday events there.
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so Montana was my first outing as a level 1 (only 1 more class left!) and I wasn't even gonna go at first... was kinda tired, not really in the mood. I figured hey whatever I'll go and if I'm still not feeling up to it after the lesson I can jet.

It was amazing. Maybe I'm just 'new' so it seemed really good because of that but I've been to the bar scene and this was a much better atmosphere. Very friendly, and comfortable. I tried to dance with all the helpers from my level 1 classes. ('cept the guys, sorry gents, nothin' personal :p) They were all fun and welcoming. It was a great experience and I can't wait for the our next outing, and my continuing on in level 2.

Salsa has me honestly rethinking my choice for university... UofT is starting to look a lot better than Waterloo for distance. I wanna be able to continue to salsa while I'm in school!

I didn't get a chance to dance with Sharon (I was actually somewhat shy Shocked), however I did see her perform and she lives up to everything I've read and heard. I'm sure I'll enjoy having her instruct me in level 2. I will of course miss Sara's spunky attitude, and those double-turns when I wanna you-turn-I-turn :p (thanks for the subtle lesson haha)

Cheers!
-Matt
David

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there's a lot of salsa in waterloo Wink That is where I got my first taste of it, I've graduated from UW. So don't decide where you want to go just based on salsa.
Rad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Montana Reply with quote

Montana, yeah!   In my opinion the place is very good!  However, the music wasn’t the best I’ve ever heard and the sound quality was kind of not enough : )
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Actually there's a lot of salsa in waterloo Wink That is where I got my first taste of it, I've graduated from UW. So don't decide where you want to go just based on salsa.

I will have to look in to that. Salsa wouldn't be the only reason though, albeit it's a big one. I do really enjoy TO in general, not to mention Toronto Dance :p I'd only get level 3 done before september, and I wouldn't mind offering to be a helper if I can at that point as well.
Valentin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Montana was OK Reply with quote

I liked Montana, good location, lots of space. A bit shabby, but they can improve it, hopefully . The very late coat check wasn't convenient at all, as it delayed the lesson for half an hour.

Robbiehsu wrote:

The negatives, we need a better DJ, my IPOD could of done a better job. It was not very intimate. We need like 250-300 to make that place feel warm.

What made you say that about the DJ? I don't get it, as I really didn't notice anything wrong with the DJ.
I agree the sound was not very good, but that's not the DJ's fault!

About the people, there were 200-300 people, but they didn't come all at the same time. Probabily on a Friday or Saturday they would have stayed longer. As for the "intimate", if that referred to the place, IMO those 3-4 smaller rooms of Montana were certainly intimate.
Sara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Montana's Reply with quote

Matt, you are a great dancer and you picked up the moves from level one beautifully and added your own style. It was a pleasure teaching you and a pleasure dancing with you at Montana's. I am sure there will be more times to come!
Congratulations on graduating from level 1!
Sara
J_Lapinoe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Loved Montana's!

The Good Cool
Plenty of Space!
The Music was good
Floors were Decent.
Separate rooms for lessons
Stage for demonstration
Discount downstairs!
The back room was nice place to cool down.

The Bad Twisted Evil
Place was kind of ratty. (then again I didn't go there to look at the decorations)
The roof leaked
Coat check (this is a problem everywhere though)
The Heat! (Who's the Einstein that light up the fireplace? I mean come on!)

Places to Improve Idea
Get the Roof fixed.
Detain (with force) anyone who tries to light the fireplace.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! i didn't even notice the fireplace but I did feel like i was burning up in there... i jsut thought i was getting a good workout.

I think all in all I would go back there again for sure. I LOOOOOVED having the room to move!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: