Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coca cola

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Coca cola Reply with quote

What is a coca cola??? Why is this move so talked about? When do we learn this: is it on the training agenda?
AnthonyF

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coca Cola is taught at Level 5, and it's a fun move to execute. That's all I can say about that. ^_^
kerem

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: coca cola Reply with quote

Hi Toby!

I will just give quik information about coca cola.First of all i do not know which level you are but when you are in level five you will learn the move.There are many kind of coca cola and you can do in many different styles.What you are going to learn in tds is that fundamental coca cola coming from cbl with turn but ones you get the move you can put with different combinations.
It is difficult the discribe the move with words ,i think better to see but i will try my best.When you do cbl with turn on 7th beat when the ladys back faces you as you know you have change to scoop her and keep going on 1th beat,but whem you do coca cola after cbl with turn on 7 th beat instead o just scooping you also create strong frame and on 7 th beat step on rigth side of the lady and turn on that feet without leaving the lady;at the and of the move you should end up where the lady the was on at the and of yhe cbl.And and a follower should end up the point you moved from.After both dancer break back change the spaces one more time and open.This is the move couple has chance to change their dancing spot.

Couple personel information about coca cola:In my opinion coca is one of the best moves specially in newyork and la style linear salsa.Because it gives you such oppurnity to strecht the moves. And also because of the momentum- which is requiered in order do create a proper coca cola -dancers built when they do coca cola dance becomes much more elastic and diffrent beats gets different speed which fits with salsas quick quik slow flow.

I hope you will learn coca cola soon and start to enjoy like a lot of other salsa dancer.
lindiloo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Coca Cola Reply with quote

Ever wonder why they call the move "Coca Cola" and not "Pepsi?"

I just learned the move recently and I feel like I'm still in the "diet coke" stages of comfort with the move.... Laughing

Does anyone know how the name of this move came to be? I'm really curious....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: