Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New dance shoe store discovery
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: New dance shoe store discovery Reply with quote

During last firday's class, i noticed a beautiful pair of silver dance shoes worn by one of the female students. I obviously had to find out where she got them as they looked really pretty and comfortable too...the heels were only about 1 1/2 inches. She said that she got them at Pacific Mall! She said there are two stores in Pacific Mall that sell dance shoes, and that she got hers for only $50! I am definitely going to search it out...hopefully next weekend. So to anyone who lives near Pacific Mall, go check it out and post your findings on here!
KT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the name of the store?
EmT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked there before, sadly, they tend to carry sizes 7 up!!! nothing for us small feet people Sad though some of them did look quite nice Laughing
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the name of the store, but there are apparently two of them! hmmm...size 7 and up may work for me since i am a size 7. When i make a trip up to markham i will post my findings.
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose they carry men's shoes...?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: More dance shoes for ladies!! Reply with quote

I made a really great accidental shoe store discovery!!
Venturing in the underground PATH yesterday I found this teeny store near St. Andrew's subway station that sold these cute shoes that had slippery bottoms, tied around the ankle, and had a 1 1/2" - 2" heel....and get this..they were only $12.99!! Unfortunately they didn't have my size...they only had a size 8 and bigger. But then the owner told me that they have another location at Yonge and Wellesley (NE corner right beside the Starbucks).

I went there today and they had the shoes in my size and there was a larger selection. I bought a pair in gold and in silver. I don't have an exact picture of them, but this is the style that comes the closest (imagine with more of a heel though). They are on clearance so sizes are limited.

I will wear them to classes where I help out in....Tuesdays and Fridays at Adelaide club if you're interested in seeing them in person. They were 2 for $20 or $15 each. Go and check it out. They're super comfortable too....

The store is called Bags-Fashion, and the website is http://www.bags-online.com

Salsa Newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I'll definitely check it out! What a great price!!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wore them on the friday class i help out in for 3 hours, and they were pretty comfy, though as with all heels, my feet started to get really tired by the end. I'm thinking of getting those dr. scholl's gel insoles to cushion the balls of my feet from being on an incline. Has anyone ever tried those before? What are everyone's secrets for comfy feet while dancing? I've seen some women wear crazy heels to salsa clubs. Come on....those hurt after a while don't they? Or are there really some superwomen out there?
KT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From expereince, the gel insoles don't really work for heels... I think it's because when you walk in heels, your weight is mostly pushing forward on the balls of your feet, as a result, it pushes the insole forward too. I've bought a pair of gel insoles for some high heel boots and had to take them out by the end of the night because the entire insole got pushed to the front of the shoe and just bunched up around my toes. They weren't Dr. Scholls, but it was still a pretty well known brand, so I'm don't know where it went wrong. Also, gel insoles costs $10-20... which cost more than the shoes itself... hmmm Confused
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh... that sucks. BUt i saw that the dr. scholl's insoles are designed specifically for high heel shoes. Maybe their glue is extra sticky. I guess i'll have to just keep searching for comfy dressy dance shoes otherwise i'll have to carry around my dance sneakers for relief!
Shines

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Insoles Reply with quote

I use the Dr. Scholl's gel insoles for heels. They certainly aren't miracle workers.....but then again every bit helps and I would stick them in all my heels from now on. KT is right though -There is another brand at Shopper's Drug Mart that has clear gel insoles, but they don't have an adhesive back to them and they slip all over the place and end up folding up inside the shoe.
msjaye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use these gel pads from BunHeads. They have an elastic that you attach to your middle toe instead of adhesives so you can use them with all your shoes. They are pretty good and much softer than the gel insoles from Dr. Scholls.

http://www.newyorkdancestore.com/servlet/NewStore?action=order&model=2232&tosearch=no&pic=large&msg=0&special=no
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! that's a really great secret. But $15US plus shipping?? I wonder if I could just make a pair of those things.
KT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen something similar at dance shoes stores, like Toronto Dance Wear and Malabar. They're called "Toe thongs"? or "foot undies"? (something cute like that). I think ballet dancers or jazz dancers use them when they're dancing bare feet, and it's just a padding to protect the balls of your feet. They have seude bottoms so you can spin in them, but that's probably not relevant to salsa as you're not likely gonna dance without shoes.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. i've seen those too but have never though to wear them inside my shoes. Maybe that could work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: