Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday nights at Acrobat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acrobat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Friday nights at Acrobat Reply with quote

Holiday greetings to all salsa lovers!

Thank you to everyone that has been loyal to Acrobat's salsa nights on Fridays, we truly appreciate our salsa crowd.

This is to inform you that Acrobat will be open every Friday for salsa instruction & dancing. Lessons begin at 9pm, with a $10 cover. Ladies get in free before 10pm (excludes lesson).

If you print off this posting & bring it in for Friday December 22 or 29, we will give you $2 off at the door.

Thanks again and see you Friday!
Acrobat Management
M4P 2H5
416-489-1105
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Acrobat is open again for Friday nights? Who has been going and how is the crowd there? It used to be my favourite place to go after class on Fridays, but I haven't been since they closed down.

Feedback?
MissChievous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been there a few times; last time was about 3-4 weeks ago, they have a restaurant going there now, right by the bar area and the "garage door". The place was not busy at all, LOTS or room for dancing but not too many advanced dancers there. You could see some familiar faces still, but mostly beginners and restaurant patrons.
I also heard that they have new air-conditioning system but I haven't been there since. I think I will go there this Friday to check it out.
Bottom line: its roomy but boring if you don’t come with your partner(s). That is my opinion, anyone else been there and feels differently about it?

Last edited by MissChievous on Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
blackout1999

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: funny thing Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? I think they started the salsa nights on Friday about 4 weeks ago. I passed by there abotu a few weeks ago and they were playing bachata. Funny thing is, I went there last year around my birthday and after finding out I was really out of practice is when I joined TDS for the summer semester. I just live around the corner from Acrobat and 6 degrees so maybe this Friday after class I might go if I'm not dead tired by then Confused . See you later, salsa people!
lindiloo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people I know went to check out Acrobat last Friday and I've been told that it was pretty dead - not like it used to be...I guess the days of Acrobat Friday are officially over? I'm going to check out Lula Lounge this Friday. There's a live band (Cache) so that should make for a little excitement.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I guess if we organize a group of us to go to Acrobat on friday, it will be fun. Smile
Lula lounge sounds pretty good though, Linda...maybe I'll check it out.
Valentin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: That's actually good Reply with quote

lindiloo wrote:
Some people I know went to check out Acrobat last Friday and I've been told that it was pretty dead - not like it used to be....

You mean there were just a few people at Acrobat?
Idea That means L O T S ... O F ... S P A C E ! ! ! Which is excellent for dance and practice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: