Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I practice the things I learned in class?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roadee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Where can I practice the things I learned in class? Reply with quote

I often get this question from students who learn new material in class and want to practice what they learned each week but aren't yet comfortable enough to go to a salsa club for social dancing (which can be intimidating for a beginner).

Here are some 'beginner friendly' practice venues where you can go and practice your salsa steps in an encouraging environment.

Toronto Dance Salsa Sunday Socials: Sunday from 6:00 to 9:00pm @ Empress Walk Studio: This is probably the best place as most people are from the school so you'll probably recognize some people and they'll be familiar with the figures you learned in class. There are also helpers that are around who can answer any questions that you may have. Cost: $7 (includes a bottle of water).

Toronto Salsa Practice: Saturdays (2 sessions) - 3:30 to 5:30pm and 5:30 to 8:00 @ Trinity-St. Paul's church, at 427 Bloor Street West (and Spadina)
Cost: $5. For more information, go to http://www.torontosalsapractice.com/
Evan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the point above - we also show the playlists for all the songs that are played at the Sunday Socials and have extra copies on hand if you hear a song and want to know the name to it!
Toby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The socials are the best. Everyone is nice and friendly and you can request songs you like too. Also there is lots to do in the mall so after dancing you can all go for a coffee or movie or bubble tea. Fun!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: