Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 4th Annual TDS Amateur Competition!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: The 4th Annual TDS Amateur Competition! Reply with quote

The 4th Annual TDS Amateur Competition!

Dear TDS Friends!

The time has come to battle it out on the dance floor for the champion title at our Fourth Annual Toronto Dance Salsa Amateur Competition. Last year we had some amazing couples compete for some serious loot and the results were fantastic!

Both rounds are confirmed to take place at Six Degrees Nightclub at Yonge & Eglinton on the following dates:

Preliminary Round - Sunday April 25th at 7pm
Final Round - Sunday June 20th at 7pm

If you are a level 3 and up student, helper or assistant registered or assisting in the spring 2010 semester at TDS who has not been paid to teach your own salsa class or perform, then you qualify! Don't get discouraged that you are still in the learning phase - everyone else will be in that phase also and remember that a competition will increase your confidence, showmanship and skills tenfold.

The preliminaries are freestyle which means you do not have to choreograph the performance as you won't know the song you are performing to although you can practice together, decide on how you will enter and exit, and what dips and tricks you will add to the dance, etc.

To assist you Evan Carmichael has offered a free private lesson to each couple who enters the competition to assist them in preparation! Five couples will move on to the finals where the finalists will choreograph a 2.5 minute routine to their song choice.

More details can be found on our website. Please email us if you are interested in participating at info@torontodancesalsa.ca. We will accept up to 15 couples.

We are also looking for companies who would like to sponsor the event. Gift certificates, dance shoes, music, travel vouchers, congress passes, lessons, cash prizes, restaurant certificates and much more are needed - please let us know if you can sponsor a prize or collect prizes.

We will be sending an official Anyvite with evening details closer to April 25th so just save the dates.

Email us with any questions and good luck to all the competitors!!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Sharon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Competition Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

I have a few female and male students who are looking for partners for the TDS Amateur Salsa Competition so if you are interested email me at info@torontodancesalsa.ca and we can try to match you up by height and personality.

It is such a great process that I hope everyone takes advantage of it. I wish I had an amateur competition to enter when I was learning to salsa! I had to enter professional competitions before I was ready and would have loved the opportunity to compete on an amateur level.
Sharon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Closing the competition... Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all the interest in our competition. We now have 11 confirmed couples, more than ever! I will be closing the entrance to the competition now so I can focus on collecting awesome prizes. In addition to all our usual sponsors, the Detroit Salsa Congress will be sponsoring us this year with lots of full congress passes and much much more.

If you know of a company that can donate prizes, big or small, let me know. Please save April 25th as the Preliminary date to come out and support our competitors and watch some great performances from schools such as Go Dance Mambo, Latin Energy and, of course, the TDS Helper Team and the TDS Pro Team with their sexy new Cha Cha Routine.

Can't wait for the big night Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: