Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all Level 3 and up for the TDS competition!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tracie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Calling all Level 3 and up for the TDS competition! Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

A shout out to all our dancers who have completed Level 3 and up to consider entering in the 4th Annual TDS Amateur competition.

The word "competition" can be a bit daunting, but it's nothing to be scared of! If you've completed Level 3 you've already shown a pretty high level of commitment to your dancing and I'll bet you're searching for more ways to take your dancing to the "next level".

Entering into the competition will do just that! Every single dancer before you who has participated in the competition will tell you that win or not in the end, the process of training for competition was well worth the time and the effort. Also, the thrill of performing in front of an enthusiastic, supportive and cheering TDS crowd gives you a rush like no other!

Know that if you're considering entering the competition, you have a group of instructors and fellow dancers to turn to for advice and support and to cheer you along the entire way.

I hope you'll take a deep breath and take the plunge and enter the competition! Prelims are at end of April, all the information is on the TDS website.

Smile
WF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to find out the 10 couples that are competing this year! Very Happy Great turn out!!

Competitors: Don't be afraid to seek out past participants and ask for advice! They know best what the preparation and competing process is like. They can tell you what worked for them and what didn't. And you can learn from their mistakes/mishaps.

If there's one advice that I can give you that applies to both the prelim. and the finals, that is to dance BIG and don't hide on stage! That means, for example, Ladies, show off those hips even if you're just doing the basics; Gentlemen, POSTURE!

And whatever you do, smile. Smile

The TDS community will be cheering you on!

P.S. Feel free to post your questions here or just come up to me for a chat if you see me at a social or class. Smile

Winnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: