Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helper Only Workshop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Helpers' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Helper Only Workshop Reply with quote

Dear Helpers!

Just a reminder that Emely will be teaching a Helper Only workshop for 2010 winter semester helpers on Saturday February 6th from 7:45pm - 9:30pm at Empress. Here is a description of the workshop:

The Beat and Rhythm
Learn how to recognize the different musical instruments and their applications in salsa music. Participate in this fun, interactive, in-depth, musicality lesson..like you've never experienced before!

This workshop will consist of:
* Recognizing beats and rhythms (not just in salsa, but other genres too)
* Instrument playing (yes, you get to create your own music)
* On-time application to basic salsa moves
* Music manipulation (who says you can only dance in 1 or 2!?! How about 3,4,5,6,7,8 or half time and double time)

Hope to see you all there! Make sure you RSVP through the anyvite we sent out last week.
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
eltigre

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited for this one as timing is fundamental to all dancers. Whether your a lead or follow, you've got to have great timing and I can't wait to make some music!
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnx Sharon! I think this is a very good treat for us helpers Smile I will be there for sure - should be fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Helpers' Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: