Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grand Opening-Salsa Fridays @ Suite, December 1st.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissChievous

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Grand Opening-Salsa Fridays @ Suite, December 1st. Reply with quote

If you want to try something new:

On Friday, Dec 1 -- Salsa Fridays @ Inside Suite 106.
GRAND OPENING!

Toronto's leading entertainment groups proudly present:
Salsa Fridays
The perfect party brought to you by DJ Carlitos Way

Inauguration: Friady 1st of December of 2006

Place: SUITE one 0 six
102 Peter Street. Enter at Corner of Level Night Club.

Lesson: 9:30 p.m with Strickly Salsa.
Cover: $10.
Info and Guest List: 416-599-2444, 647-831-2680

Live - Cuban band Mazucamba plays salsa, merenge, bachata, cha-cha-cha, son cubano, cumbia, ballenato, reggaeton.

Upscale venue, dress to Impress.

See you there?...
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have plans but I really want to know how it is. Can you write back and tell us about it? Maybe we can do an outing there?
CopyKat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be there to check it out - if it sux though we will probably take off to Babaluus

Rajeev
KT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone go to the opening of the new club last Friday?
Would love to hear about it... atmosphere? size of dance floor? is it outing worthy?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, i'm curious to find out what it was like as well....if it was good, i'd like to go this friday to check it out! Who went?
CopyKat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was pretty good - live band. The performers are regulars at alley catz on mondays.

Started out great with the exception of getting frisked on entry - a lot of the toronto salsa crowd regulars showed up but as the night progressed it steadily got worse and worse and they let more of the regular clubers into the place. The staff got confused between the regular salsa crowd vs the clubber crowd and started serving beer in bottles after the salsa crowd gave them a hard time (maybe I objected too much to beer in a cup Embarassed ). It was pretty good till 1am.

It got harder and harder to dance later in the night as more and more people just randomly walked through the dance floor- even a cross body lead was a nightmare. Well it was my 30th bday so I was umm... not in a position to do a cross body lead by the end of the night.

Ended with some punk throwing a beer bottle at a bouncer so they shut the place down after 2.15am.

Ahh such is the clubbing district....

Will give it one more shot this weekend - sober this time Wink
Evan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: New Salsa Venue Reply with quote

Sounds great! How did you like it Karina?
MissChievous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not go. But I have talked to some people who went there and they had mixed feeling about the place. On one hand it is nice place, good music, ambiance... and on the other hand the crowd--lots of non-salsa clubbers. They even started a fight sometime druing the night. I am willing to go there next time and give it a try.

Cheers,

KB
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THat's too bad. I was hoping to find a new place to go on a Friday night. I guess that's all we can expect in cluburbia.
Maybe in time when TDS starts to infiltrate the place it will be improved.
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Musci Reply with quote

How much salsa did they play? What was the mix of music?
Shines

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the night started off as a big disappointment since I had come at 9:30 to check out the lesson and they turned me away at the door because the instructors hadn’t shown up…. It was a cold night and they wouldn’t let us wait inside and told us to come back at 10:30. When I came back I saw a few guys turned away who were fairly well dressed but whose shoes weren’t quite up to snuff. Seems like they’re serious about “dress to impress”.
The look and feel of the place is really nice. The floor is on the slippery side but is manageable. The place was packed that night, but it’s true that there were definitely a lot of non-salsa people there. I was also frustrated by what seemed like an endless run of Reggaeton so early on in the night. It was nice having the live band there, and I ended up having a good time in the end. I left some time between 12 and 1 so didn't get to witness things go downhill with the fight. This place has potential but it’s hard to tell how it will turn out just based on opening night. It will be interesting to see what type of crowd the regulars turn out to be.
Thanks to the forum for getting me out to see it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: