Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday night lessons @ AlleyCatz (women wanted)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve es adicto al salsa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Monday night lessons @ AlleyCatz (women wanted) Reply with quote

Every Monday @ 8:30, there is an intermediate lesson where new moves (comparable to level 3-5) are incorporated into a 5-7 move combo in 45 minutes. Some of us level 4 students try to attend every week. However, some weeks there are more guys than gals (10 guys, 6 gals) and we end up sharing partners. I think it is worth the $5 many times over and dancing follows the lesson. AlleyCatz is @ Yonge and Eglington, plenty of good dancers show up for a cool way to spend a Monday night!
AMR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Monday night lessons @ AlleyCatz (women wanted) Reply with quote

Alleycatz has long been a favourite salsa haunt for me on Monday nights. I don't make it every week, but it's well worth the $5. The lesson is challenging but fun. Lots of new moves, or variations of ones we already know, for those who want to expand their repetoire.
Primetime

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are the instructors?
AMR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Monday night lessons @ AlleyCatz (women wanted) Reply with quote

Frank from U Can Dance teaches the intro lessons. Part 1 at 7:30, and Part 2 at 8:30. Part 2 is a little more interesting and good for level 1&2's.

Miguel, of Dance from the Heart, teaches the intermediate lesson at 8:30. His lesson is not for the faint of heart and requires commitment and concentration. Usually includes a cool dip for those brave enough. Miguel has lots of great moves, so even if you don't get through the whole combo, you'll at least pick up a couple new moves!
Salsa Newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Cross body turn Reply with quote

Wow I will have to check it out although it is hard to go out on a Monday night...so tired the rest of the week Smile

I have a question while I am here. I just learned the cross body lead turn - do the women bring their arm up on 7 or 1 and do the feet come together before you do your basic??? I can't remember!!!
KT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SalsaNewbie,

Your arm would pop up on 1 as you turn around and face your partner. Try to bring the arm up from the side so it won't hit the guy in the face. As for your footwork, it is similar to a reverse turn in the sense that your feet are always apart for each count of the turn, and you break back on the 1, without bringing your feet together on 7.

Hope that helps, if this is still unclear, feel free to ask a helper or Sharon to explain it to you next class!

Happy dancing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: