Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marlows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Marlows? Reply with quote

Is there still salsa at Marlows on Wed and has anyone tried it? It is in Richmond HIll which can be convenient for people who don't live downtown.

Would be glad to hear any feedback about it Smile
lindiloo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about it too...we suburban salser@s should check it out soon...
msjaye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Marlowe's still has salsa on Wednesday, but I haven't been there since November. The dance floor is pretty good for spins Smile There was a beginner salsa lesson around 9:30 with social dancing starting around 10:00-ish. I didn't get asked to dance much and found that most people were not salsa dancers- and those that did dance were in couples. If you go with some other dancers its a good place to practice your moves for a few hours. The music changed to reggaeton and top 40 around 11:30-12:00 I guess to cater to the non-salsa crowd. It's been awhile since I've been there so it may have changed(?)

For those in the West End, On The Curve in Mississauga has salsa on Wednesday nights. There are more salseros at this place, and both guys and girls ask each other to dance.
Steve es adicto al salsa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Marlowe Richmond Hill Update Reply with quote

Its been awhile but I went to Marlowe's last Wednesday (Feb 21). I used to go there weekly because it was a hop, skip and a jump away from where I lived. Plus it was a chance to try moves on non Toronto Dance Students to see if I was leading moves properly. Parking is free, no cover, the restaurant/wine bar itself is very nice and Cafe Cubana is the live band. I believe Ba Ba Lu u's is the place if you want pure salsa dancers on Wednesday nights. Also On the Curve if Mississauga if it isn't too far of a hike is very good, small dancefloor so it forces me to control my big steps.
Toby

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good info. Maybe i will check it out but it sounds like there are more students at Babalu's. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: