Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Myth?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Myth? Reply with quote

I heard that "Myth" on the Danforth is offering salsa nights on Thursdays. Has anyone been there before? How's the floor and the space? I know it's a resturant and I've eaten there before but I'm having some trouble envisioning it as a salsa club.

If it's good, let me know! It's super convenient to get to, as it is just outside of the Chester subway station.
J_Lapinoe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in knowing as well.... Its on my way home from work.

I talked to some people who went their on a weekend and they said its a good place, but is terrible for dancing because it got so crowded you couldn't move. Mind you that was a weekend so Thursday's might be alright!
Robbiehsu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myth on Thursdays are great.

The dancers there are pretty advanced, but the place is amazing to practice. The lights are bright, and the music is not as loud. Remember, its a later crowd, they really don't get there until 11PM.

I think you'd all enjoy the place.
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: where is myth? Reply with quote

hi guys - can someone tell me where myth is on the danforth?
lindiloo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

417 Danforth Avenue
(at the intersection of Danforth and Chester Avenues)
KT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Myth 2 weeks ago on a Thursday, and there was no body there. The Dj was there, and salsa music was playing. But there was no one on the dance floor, actually, there was no one in the resturant, except for my friend and I. Maybe it was just "one of those days" or It may just be one of those places where you BYOP... Bring your own partners.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted Myth to see if they were interested in sponsoring our salsa competition, and the manager there commented that he found the salsa crowd to be "cheap." I found that kind of a rude generalization (however true it may be!) so I now have an aversion to that making the trip out to go to Myth.
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's fair to say that since the only reasoning may be the lack of salsa dancers buying rounds of alcohol. It is our fault we wanna dance sober and not make a scene by stumbling all over the floor? We buy water damnit that should count for something!
KT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salsa clubs are the only places where I feel some what ok to pay $3-$4 for a bottle of water... I definately agree that that should count for something. And between having salsa dancers there, or no body there at all, I think it's their loss.
Tim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best place to buy a drink is at Alleycatz , I buy orange juice mix with sprite for $3-4. They give you a big size cup, 2.5-3 times the size of other places such as... I sometime give the waiter $1 dollar tip if I dont have change.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Lula Lounge Reply with quote

What's really good, playas and salsaritas? Anyone ever been to Lula Lounge? It's definitely worse than Myth simply because most of the people have never dance salsa ever and they're already drunk when they get there. I agree that us playas and salsaritas want to dance sober. It's actually better to drink water than alcohol especially if the club is too damn hot. If anyone else is feeling me, holla back at ya boy! Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... it's too hot in the clubs, so we need lots of water. Alcohol is not good for the multiple spins!
Anyway, most clubs charge a good cover, so they can't say they're not making money off the salsa crowd. I personally don't mind paying cover to get into a salsa club (on a weekend!) becuase if I think about what I spend to get into regular clubs (what are those again?) and don't have nearly as much fun dancing there than I do at salsa clubs, I don't think paying $10 to get in is so bad. At least at a salsa club it will be pretty much guaranteed a good time!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: