Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoule we have a "Dance Partner" Forum?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Shoule we have a "Find a Dance Partner" Forum?
Yes
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 28

Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback. I really haven't done anything with this yet because this is so controversial and only about half of the voters thought it was a good idea.

I still think the fact that most people not using the "Salsa Get Together" forum speaks volumes as to whether a dance partner forum would even work. Right now you all have a chance to post and ask where people are going dancing on a certain evening or if anyone wants to check out a club/salsa party/practice/outing with you and, so far, it is not very popular. So if this does become more popular then I would consider expanding that forum.

So for now, for everyone who wants a dance partner forum, try using the get-together forum more and see if that works for you and helps you find a partner. If it gets more popular I can work on expanding it.

Thanks for your feedback and passion!!!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
James

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Need a female Salsa dance partner Reply with quote

hi:

I am new to this salsa community, so I am not even sure if I am posting this note in the right spot.

I am 28, a graduate student, and also a competitive Salsa dancer. I picked up Salsa last Sept, and have won two competitons. My goal is to compete in the professional level one day.

I am looking for a partner who is willing to take advanced Salsa lessons, and can afford the time for intensive training.

Please e-mail me if you are interested.
Sephiralenden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definately a hard topic to sort out. I'd like to feel that the people who are more open and willing to persue the group experience wouldn't shy away from that upon the introduction of a dance partner forum but I can't say that for sure. I am not the most outgoing person with things that are new to me so I would probably enjoy having someone to practice with in the beginner stages until I was more comfortable with the feel of the dance and had a few moves to work with. I guess the issue is that the community wouldn't want this to become a permanent crutch.

Though, as someone said, there are people who would rather give up than dive in to the whole social aspect of things right away. I'm sure there are already people who find partners to practice with before they start going to the clubs, so perhaps this would just be a way to better facilitate what a portion of the community prefers. As well, I think it would be made abundantly clear that this isn't a dating service by any means, and that the focus is entirely on the dancing.

Having a partner would certainly allow people to raise their comfort level quicker in my opinion, and this would hopefully lead to them going to clubs sooner instead of waiting until they have x number of lessons/moves under their belt. I guess the question becomes would this pull more people away from moving towards the group/club scene than it would help bring in to?
Toby

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Dance partner Reply with quote

Wow this is still the most debated topic of the forum. Lets just try it and see how it goes? If people post inappropriate stuff or you receive complaints you can take it out?
Sharon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Dance partners Reply with quote

Alright I thought about it again and am trusting everyone to be respectful in the forum so I just launched it. I expect to see lots of participation Smile

..happy dancing!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: