Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

remington 11-87 premier
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharon wrote:
Definitely let us know how your suede bottom experiment works. I know we all have our comfy shoes that we would love to turn into dance shoes so this would be great!

Are you using crazy glue with the suede strips?

Nope. Using industrial glue designed for shoes. It's a trade secret so I can't divulge what it is (aka "I have no idea what it is")... I know someone who makes orthotics and I am sneaking into the workplace when that someone isn't looking to use the tools... Razz

Edit: I asked and the 'trade secret' is contact cement...
SalsaMan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: orthotics in dance shoes Reply with quote

Does anyone else use orthotics? it would be great if mine would fit in my shoes!
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well haven't started the project yet because of the Nintendo Wii hunt Laughing but now that the holidays are here I can concentrate a bit more on this...

Salsaman, if the orthotics are the fully custom ones and not the pre-fabricated ones then you can ask the maker to try to modify it to fit your shoes... I guess you ordered them online so you couldn't try the shoes with the orthotics when buying...?

speaking of which I got my shoes in from the USA today and there was no tax or customs... is this the norm or is it just Christmas time...???
Toby

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Shoes Reply with quote

I think you got lucky. i was charged at the border and i think they charged taxes there too.

We won't tell anyone Smile
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what makes a good dance shoe? I got one from the US and the thing I like about it is that it is very light in weight... the pic I saw before purchase looked like leather but it ended up being nylon... construction looks decent but I wouldn't bet on durability...

so I have the pre-fab suede soles and I only saw them in grey... at least the ones that are listed as being for the outsole... there are coloured ones but they are classified as being insole so they are not as durable... for two pre-cuts the cost is $15... I will show a pic later...

in the beginning I was planning on trying it (chroming) on an old tennis shoe but after a while I changed my mind because (a) I want a lighter pair of shoes and tennis shoes aren't light weight... at least mine aren't... (b) the tennis shoes are old and don't look 'pretty' so if I did a good initial job I might not use it as much as I would if the shoes were 'pretty'

so currently on the lookout for a light weight shoe that have a relatively flat sole without all the funky traction...
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the suede pre-fabs... size is "big foot" meaning it is big and wide and should fit all non-basketball player's feet Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: