Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Workshop ON2!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Workshop ON2! Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen!
If you have heard all the buzz about dancing On2, now is the time to learn it. I admit that I am always looking for partners who can dance ON2. It's just so much fun and the ladies can slow down their styling which helps improve your body movement. Obviously it's still salsa, but it seems like faster songs are easier to dance ON2.

Here is how you can learn the basics...
Gen and Young from Korkoa are teaching an introduction to ON2 workshop this Monday Dec 14th from 7:30 - 9:30pm at Empress Walk Studio.

I am sure that you will enjoy the sexy feel of ON2 dancing. I'd love to hear your feedback on how you like ON2 versus ON1. If you know how to dance ON2, let me know what you think. If you will try it on Monday, let me know what you think about the introductory workshop...

Lots of love for the dance,
Sara
Yannick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Workshop ON2! Reply with quote

Sara wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen!
If you have heard all the buzz about dancing On2, now is the time to learn it. I admit that I am always looking for partners who can dance ON2. It's just so much fun and the ladies can slow down their styling which helps improve your body movement. Obviously it's still salsa, but it seems like faster songs are easier to dance ON2.

Here is how you can learn the basics...
Gen and Young from Korkoa are teaching an introduction to ON2 workshop this Monday Dec 14th from 7:30 - 9:30pm at Empress Walk Studio.

I am sure that you will enjoy the sexy feel of ON2 dancing. I'd love to hear your feedback on how you like ON2 versus ON1. If you know how to dance ON2, let me know what you think. If you will try it on Monday, let me know what you think about the introductory workshop...

Lots of love for the dance,
Sara

Nice. They never had these workshops when I was taking classes.

I just love to dance On2 whenever I can. I find that it's easier to groove to. For some reason, I don't get the same feeling when I dance On1.

I urge everyone to take the plunge and at least try to learn it. It takes time, but the payoff is definitely worth the effort. Once you execute a coca-cola On2, you will wonder how it was ever done any other way!

Now here's a question: what do you guys think of Cha Cha (Cha)? A lot of venues play Cha Cha (Cha) music now, and is a staple in pretty much every DJ's music library. Should it also be a staple in every salsero/salsera's repertoire?
roadee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Yannick.

I personally think that Cha Cha should be on the list of a salsa dancer's repetoire but if I had to prioritize it, I would add it on the B list (after merengue, bachata). However, a lot of the turn patterns that are in salsa can also be applied/transfered to cha cha so it definitely would be handy to add this to one's dancing repetoire.

And because not as many people have it in their repetoire, it usually means there's more room for dancing on the dance floor when a Cha Cha song comes on. Wink

Having said that, there are so many other dances out there that you might also see in the club (hustle seems to be making a comeback but not sure if it's going to stick around). I would definitely look into adding Cha Cha before any of the other dances like Hustle or West Coast swing.

However, having said all that, it really depends on the person and how much they like Cha Cha. Some people just like salsa and like to stick with that. All and all, just have fun and keep dancing (no matter what type of dance it is). Smile
Yannick

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roadee,

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely am of the mind that you should learn whichever dance and music you enjoy most. I am sure I will get into Cha Cha one day, but for now I am content with dancing Salsa. I kinda like how some venues play a mixture of Salsa/Cha Cha, since when a Cha Cha song plays, I use the time for rest and re-hydration. Smile

Funny you brought up hustle, as I just had my first class (tried it on a lark) and found it quite enjoyable. The timing threw me for a loop at first, but I appreciated the elastic/rebounding nature of the dance. Am curious to see if it sticks around or whether it fizzles out.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: