Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New salsa nights in the GTA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: New salsa nights in the GTA Reply with quote

I found a flyer (outdated, though) for a "Grand Opening" on January 8, 2010 of the new "Salsa Fridays is now "On the Rox" (where "On the Rox" is a club at 1600 Steeles Ave West (between Dufferin and Keele). The flyer promised Live performance of Salsa on the Six, DJs Dinamita, Suave, Alberth Moreno, free salsa lessons and ladies free until 11 p.m.

I am wondering, if anyone attended this event and if so, a brief review would be appreciated - how it was and what to expect: ambiance, music, venue, class, etc.

Also, it would be interesting to know if it sticks, i.e. is it now every Friday? Or was it a single event?

Thank you in advance for the info!
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!
My friends went there last Friday. They said that venue is great and dancing was ok. Not too many good dancers like in Acrobat on the good night. They are intended to have it every Friday and it is on tonight. They have Facebook group and did sent me an update message for tonight’s event.

I think it is very convenient for all of us who lives up North Smile All my friends from Viva Dance Studio are going to be there again. Hope this venue will survive so I might make my way there one day.
Cheers.
WF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey salseros & salseras!

Apparently there's a new place to salsa uptown on Thursdays. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Details as follow:

3636 Steeles Ave. East, Unit 157 & 158
Markham, ON, L3R 1K9
Tel#: (905) 474-3133
Major Intersection: Warden & Steeles

LESSON: 8pm-9pm
SOCIAL: 9pm-2am

Cover: $5.00 per person
Coat-check: Available (I believe complimentary) - Chimera not responsible for your belongings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: