Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Salsa for Singles Level 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggiles03

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Question about Salsa for Singles Level 1 Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Salsa for Singles Level 1: What is the average age of the students in this class? I know the FAQ says that the age ranges between 20-45, but in looking at the pictures, it looks like students at this school are on the upper end of the range.

I have no problem with this, but being 24 years old, if this is the case, I would rather join one of the other classes.
WF

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

The average student age in any given class varies from session to session, depending on who signs up. Going with past observations, Salsa for Singles on a Friday night tends to attract people in their late 20's to early 30's. -- Regardless of the age trend, I find that a lot of TDS students are just really young at heart and they are super fun! I started classes at TDS when I was 22, and I've been making lots of new friends, young and old, ever since! Smile

Enjoy your classes!
Winnie
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!
I am helping at current singles class running now Downtown and I would say that majority of the students in their 20s and maybe third of the class in their early-mid 30s.
I should notice that being a helper for a while I have noticed that you never know what this ratio will be but there are always would be people from your age group to find good friends and have fun!
I think you should stop looking at pictures and give it a shot! Smile
roadee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I made the plunge to take salsa classes I had similar concerns. I wasn't sure what the vibe, skill level or people in the class would be like. What I actually did was contact the owner/instructor and ask them if I could stop by and 'observe' a class.

That gave me the reassurance I needed to decide whether or not that particular school was right for me. When I started taking salsa the age range in my classes were mid 20's to mid 30's. However, the previous posts make a good point that it really varies with each class.

I still do this today when researching different dance schools. It's important to find a school that suits you and the only way to get an idea is to check it out (in person) and ask a lot of questions. =) Good-luck with your search!

Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: