Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner Salsa Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam6350

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Beginner Salsa Questions Reply with quote

Hi all,

So I'm considering starting Salsa soon, but I had a few lingering questions that maybe someone can help me out with.

1. For the men, how long on average does it take before one can be able to dance in the clubs? Reason I ask is, being a guy, I realize it'll most likely take me longer seeing as how I have to learn to lead.

2. Has anybody heard anything about United Salseros? I realize that they're a different company, but they're located really close to where I live. Would it be a good place to start learning?

3. For those of you that have frequented the salsa clubs here in TO, do the women still continue to outnumber the men? I read that this was the case a few years ago, but I haven't found anything recent on the matter. Reason I ask is that in most techno/hip hop clubs I've been to, it's often the opposite scenario, which isn't all that much fun for me Rolling Eyes .

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Sam
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam!

After level 1 you can feel comfortable to go out dancing although you will need level 2 to really start to look good. So that means about 2 months per level.

I would recommend United Salseros...they are a great dance school.

There are tons of women in the salsa scene so you won`t be short partner-wise.

Good luck!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: